Windows 7 need help to debug my bluescreen problem .dmp file

edspegeddd

I don't have any problems while I am working on the computer but when I leave it alone for a few hours I'll come back home and its been shut off. When I turn it back on it shows it crashed with a Bluescreen. I tried to debug the .dmp file windows 7 rtm spits out but the Debugging Tools for Windows program hangs after it says "Loading unloaded module list"

can anyone try to open this that I have attached to see whats up? its two minidumps I'm not sure which one it might be specifically. here are computer specs ...

amd phenom II x3 720
asus m4a785td-v evo (latest bios)
2 x 1gb g.skill pc1333 RAM
WD 250gb sata HDD
audiophile 2496 pci sound card

no overclocking or unlocking of cores.. memtest86+ passes it so I'm thinking its some software issue? I really don't understand why I can't get it to completely debug with the program...

I didn't open your files but usually Blue screens are driver related...

Whats your driver situation? Are they all up to date? Chipset, graphics, sound and peripherals?
Also how about the bios, is that the latest version too?

Here's some info on the DMP files: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Ok...I downloaded the DMP reader as I was curious to see how it worked and then read your file..
It seems that this file ntkrnlpa.exe is causing the problems and is related to your graphics... Hopefully updating your graphic driver may help..

thanks kemical, could you copy & paste it here?

I updated everything, and also got rid of programs that are known to cause issues like Daemon Tools lite & an older version of PC Probe II. I THINK my video drivers are up to date. I got the latest ones off of Asus's website... installed those in the beginning. Today I tried to install the ones from ATI but windows said my drivers are up to date to it. So anyway I'm going to try running like this and see what happens. One more thing I will try is removing my PCI sound card the drivers I'm using for it are for Vista

It didn't seem to want to copy and paste, so I took screenshots of both...

As for your sound card using vista drivers.... I'm pretty sure it should be fine...

re' your installing ATI drivers.. They are known to be twitchy especially installing and un-installing... Try this guide, which especially helpfull regarding removal and installation.. http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

kemical, and anyone else reading.. i think i made some progress today...

had another crash a few minutes ago so tried the same ol method to debug the .dmp file. I noticed that in both of our debugs kemical it would get to "Loading unloaded module list" and then stop. After looking at several debug results on the net I saw that theirs showed a Bug Check report after that line.. so eventually I found you have to type !Analyze -v into the command line to do the bug check. Some excerpts of what I got:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: 85579b60, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: 8292aae0, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: a49479e8, The blocked IRP

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

followed by more jibberish and the word "deltaII" popping up a few times. Delta is the name of my sound card so I think this is the problem. I went to m-audio's website and found they have beta drivers for windows 7 on the forums.. so I uninstalled the vista ones and installed those. Hopefully things will be better.. I'll update in a few days. I need some sleep hehe

PS and about those ATI drivers... they are a PAIN to uninstall. I seriously can't get rid of the catalyst control center. tried a few different tools and its still there!

Cool!..fingers crossed it works out for you..

To remove the ccc, you can do it in two ways:

Either download and run this app after you've run the un-installer Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com Be carefull with it though..

or

find the ati folder in your program files,open the 'CIM' folder, click the 'bin' folder and click set-up (see screenshot, this is the way i un-install the drivers and ccc)

Cool!..fingers crossed it works out for you..

To remove the ccc, you can do it in two ways:

Either download and run this app after you've run the un-installer Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com Be carefull with it though..

or

find the ati folder in your program files,open the 'CIM' folder, click the 'bin' folder and click set-up (see screenshot, this is the way i un-install the drivers and ccc)

just an update on my bluescreen problem. It's no longer an issue now that I changed drivers for my sound card. :) I just bought an nvidia video card and will use this to uninstall catalyst hopefully it wont be too tough. thanks again

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the Nvidia card..:D

Try Bluescreen View........ http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version).
For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.
bluescreenview.gif

Try Bluescreen View........ BlueScreenView - View blue screen of death (STOP error) information.
BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version).
For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.
bluescreenview.gif

Great post Reghakr!
I'll keep that app in mind in case I ever need it myself..

Brilliant! Got the page saved. It needs some serious viewing so I'll check it out later..
Nice one... Reghakr..

grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back
Top Bottom