Aaron Lavigne

I keep getting BSOD on my Windows 7 Ultimate. This usually occurs when I play games, but will also randomly happen. The comp is 8 months old. The computer will also sometimes restart by itself.

Processor: AMD FX(tm) 8150 Eight-Core Processor
RAM: G-SKILL 8gb
Graphics Card: HD 7970 Radeon

Please help!

Attachments

Solution
No memory dumps in the uploaded reports. Please check C:\Windows\Minidump for any memory dumps. If none are there, please follow the instructions here: Link Removed If there are no minidumps, then please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.dmp. If you find it, please zip it up and upload it to a free file-hosting service - then post a link to it here so we can have a look at it.
Only 73 updates since SP1 - most systems have 140 or more. Please get ALL available updates from Windows update (it may take several trips).

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's. Here's the information that I've compiled so far:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD...
No memory dumps in the uploaded reports. Please check C:\Windows\Minidump for any memory dumps. If none are there, please follow the instructions here: Link Removed If there are no minidumps, then please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.dmp. If you find it, please zip it up and upload it to a free file-hosting service - then post a link to it here so we can have a look at it.
Only 73 updates since SP1 - most systems have 140 or more. Please get ALL available updates from Windows update (it may take several trips).

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's. Here's the information that I've compiled so far:

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.
Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.
If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

If this doesn't fix the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these directions: Link Removed

Also, please run these free diagnostics: Link Removed

Good luck!

Solution