Windows 7 need some serious help plz help

djdon

hey guyss.. i neeed some help.. so i have a hp m9150f which i bought from future shop.. so wha thappens now is i downloaded windows 7 beta and did a CLEAN install n i did not create a restore cd. so now i am tryin to restore back to windows vista. when i start the pc I press F11 which is sytem restore but its not working. i go to My computer and the factory image drive (E) is there..but the factory image drive it says Used Space : 8.51Gb and Free Space 1.36 but when i go insdie there is a Recovery Folder and inside that folder its Empty nothing there i tried view hidden files still nothing there.. what can i do now? i must go back to my windwos vista please help

Just curious but why "must" you go back to Windows Vista? Windows 7 is far superior to Windows Vista in many ways in my opinion.... which build of Windows 7 did you install?

umm i have build 7022.. the reason is because lot of program dont work .. such as media center everytime i go to set up live tv and i select my region which is canada media center crashes right away

Ok, so it sounds like first of all you need to make sure you have the correct drivers for all your hardware.. ;) Secondly, Windows 7 Build 7022 is a daily build (meaning it was never ment to be released to the public), this doesn't mean it won't work, it will in fact work and work very well, but you need to have the right drivers in order for it to work right... :) I'd suggest either getting a different build (one of the newer one's would have some of the bugs fixed in them and anything after build 7022 has the final version of IE8 in it.. which works VERY well...) OR you could wait for the RC to be released, which will be VERY soon...

The same goes for Windows Vista.. so reverting to Vista isn't going to make a difference if you don't have the right drivers installed..

To figure out which drivers you should use you need to first figure out your hardware.. so like your motherboard, gpu, audio (if it's not onboard), etc... Once you have all the right drivers installed Windows 7 will work perfectly.. ;)

I can help you with this but I need to know what your system specs are first....

Also, another important piece of information is which version of Win 7 are you using? 32 bit or 64 bit?

This page contains all the drivers for the 32 bit version of Windows Vista:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

And this page contains all the 64 bit drivers for Windows Vista:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Even though these are Windows Vista drivers, most of them should still work fine on Windows 7... ;) (All Windows Vista drivers are supposed to work on Windows 7)

Last edited:
hey guyss.. i neeed some help.. so i have a hp m9150f which i bought from future shop.. so wha thappens now is i downloaded windows 7 beta and did a CLEAN install n i did not create a restore cd. so now i am tryin to restore back to windows vista. when i start the pc I press F11 which is sytem restore but its not working. i go to My computer and the factory image drive (E) is there..but the factory image drive it says Used Space : 8.51Gb and Free Space 1.36 but when i go insdie there is a Recovery Folder and inside that folder its Empty nothing there i tried view hidden files still nothing there.. what can i do now? i must go back to my windwos vista please help

If this what you really want to do you may need to spend money or need a lot of time , patience and luck . If you call HP tech support and say your F11 does not take you to their secret recovery partition, they may ask you to spend some money for recovery Discs and you might be able to get back to VISTA.

If time is no problem and you are patient and willing to try your luck read this:can't enter recovery mode Link Removed - Invalid URLanymore

thank you i called hP u were right they said i need to buy a disc which is 30$ which i cant spend as times are hard.. i will try read that thnkas agian

Back
Top Bottom