Windows 7 Need to Import Emails from Outlook for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Morse

I am in need of a solution that will allow me to import emails from outlook 2011 for mac to outlook 2010 for winodws. I need to import all the email files along with the folders, for e.g.- inbox, outbox, spam etc. Thank you

You can do this with the help of google mail IMAP account.
Firstly setup a Gmail account in mac outlook 2011 and also in windows outlook. Then drag and drop messages to Gmail and then in windows download your messages for outlook.

Or you can go for application approach. There are various applications available for this problem. Have look at one I know:-
Olm to PST Convert - Convert Mac Outlook 2011 Emails to Windows Outlook PST
Hope this helps
Thank you

You can try for manual migration method which looks tough to implement but can be done with the consumption of time.
Follow these steps:
1. Setup IMAP Mail Account
2. Configure Mac Outlook with IMAP Mail Account
3. Synchronize GMail with Mac Outlook
4. Move Emails to Mailbox of IMAP
5. Transfer Emails in Windows Outlook from IMAP Mailbox

Else,
It is simple to switch from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook if you are using a third-party solution like "Olm To Pst Converter Pro" which can convert OLM to PST & will make it easy to move from one platform to another.

There can be various similar tools which can work for conversion of olm to pst & help to move from mac machine to windows machine.
Check here: http://office.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html

There is such a nice way that I also used to import olm file in to ms outlook by using a Gmail IMAP account. But you can use this approach if you have fewer emails. For this, first you have to configure both Outlook for Mac and Outlook 2010 with that IMAP account. In Outlook for Mac move your mail to a folder in the IMAP account to upload it to the mail server. Now Outlook will automatically download the mail again in the same folder in the IMAP account. It will solve your issue. If your file is too big then this approach is not work for you. In this case, you can use olm to pst converter tools. Many companies offer these tools such as Stellar olm to pst converter, Gladwave olm to pst converter etc.

You can do this with the help of google mail IMAP account.
Firstly setup a Gmail account in mac outlook 2011 and also in windows outlook. Then drag and drop messages to Gmail and then in windows download your messages for outlook.

Or you can go for application approach. There are various applications available for this problem. Have look at one I know:-
Olm to PST Convert - Convert Mac Outlook 2011 Emails to Windows Outlook PST
Hope this helps
Thank you

I used olm to pst converter pro to solve my migration issue. This tool was user friendly to work with....had no issues in functioning. I was saved from the comples mail migration step following methods. All my folders are imported successfully and with all the attachments and sub-folders intact.

Thank you for suggesting this tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back