Need to run Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit but don't have administrator pw

drkdvinity

I purchased a computer that was used some years ago from a friends computer guy. It runs XP. I picked up a virus a week ago & called the computer guy but he's retired :( So, trying to resolve the issue myself I started searching for a resolution my self on the internet & came across a site called Techspot. They've been very helpful & definately seem to be knowledgeable. I've been following all the recommended steps in the removal of my problem(s), lol! But, I've come to a stuck point. I need to set a restore point & then download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to my desktop. But, he added a WARNING! That it needs to be run from an account with administrator rights. I am the sole owner/user of my computer but I don't have the administrator pass word. When I asked the computer guy about it he said the previous owner passed away & that he recieved the computer from the family & if he was ever given the pass word he no longer has it :( What can I do? Is there a way to find it on my computer or reset it, etc.? Can someone please help me?

Back