Windows 7 Need to uninstall Itunes for Windows 7

mgoblue0710

Alright so I just got windows 7 today and when I go to install, it says I have to uninstall iTunes. Alright, so I did that, but when I resume my installation it says that I have to uninstall iTunes. One problem, I already did. There is no trace of iTunes on my computer yet it says I have to uninstall it.

If someone would please help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There's a set order to do it apparently!! hope this helps

itunes
quik time
apple software update
apple mobile device support
bonjour
apple application support (itunes 9 or later)

I,m waiting for my copy of w7 to drop throught the letterbox, reading some of the horror story's is it worth it!!!

Uninstalling iTunes is not necessary!

I didn't uninstall it with a home premimum upgrade from Vista and it worked fine.

I would recommend that the machine is first put in a "Clean Boot State" as explained here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Don't forget to deauthorize the computer in iTunes and then reauthorize it after the install. (also explained in the above link in the replies). Also back up iTunes just in case.

Good Luck

Unless it's a two disk upgrade from the nanufacturer............

Most all of us agree that an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts and It sure does.

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

Back