Windows 7 Need two Windows files

Lucky8

Can somebody please share w32time.exe and w32time.dll ? I downloaded a "light" version of Windows 7 but it doesnt have time service. I need those files to create the service so I can install software that requires Windows Time service to be present and running.

Thank you!

What do you mean by "light version?" The Windows Time Service is included in all versions of Windows 7 that I'm aware of - have you tried starting it up manually? btw - you will not get any response to requests to upload parts of MS operating systems as they are subject to copyright and it would contravene the rules of these forums.

I see.
With lite version I mean a Windows ISO that has been customized with a tool like NTlite .
Those customized images run pretty well on old hardware and at the same time offer some modern usability.
My apologies. I haven't noticed you were an MVP. I'm aware about your corcerns about Copyright issues. I guess I came to the wrong place but I thank you for your help anyway.
Keep doing a great work!

Unfortunately removing things from the The Windows ISO can cause problem. I used to slipstream Windows and people that removed things often had unexpected problems.
Joe

Way to go @patcooke you scared Lucky8 lol. All in all I wouldn't recommend downloading unofficial media since you never know what you're going to get or not get. For older hardware I would just recommend tweaking the install. Stripping out components with NTlite isn't needed.

Lol. He didn't . I just know how Microsoft certifies MVPs
By the way, I got both files and was able to install it as a service

Glad to hear it'd sorted - life's too short. As Julian of Norwich famously said, "All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well" and I'm sure Satya Nadella has suffered no loss of sleep.

Believe me, Satya finds hard to sleep by nights.

By the way, now that we are here, can you please help me with a little doubt I have? About Windows Explorer

What do you doubt about Windows Explorer?

Please, mimic this:

. (Windows Desktop) > New> Folder
. Name it in any way but add 3 or more dots at the end. Like "Hello ..."

Folder will become invisble just in your desktop, even with "show hidden files and folders" and "show protected operating system" folder option active.
You can get rid of the folder looking for it in any explorer frame > Desktop

Why this behavior?

Maybe it's Windows 7 shell related. I assume by that indigo window icon you're using Windows 10.
Anyway, it's not harmful and it was just a doubt :) Thank you Pat

It appears to be specific to Windows 7. I just reproduced it on a VM. I think it has to do with the . and .. special directories

I have read in some tech blog that Windows simply ignores folder name ending in "." because it assumes you want to name it without any extension at all. I don't really agree with it. Mus be something else and you're possibly right. Strange thing is, it's fixed (?) in later versions of Windows. Still you can't use NT names as "COM", "AUX", etc.
Pat, call Satya :telephone:

Back
Top Bottom