Windows 7 Netbook can't resume from sleep BUT works fine from hybernation

gabriolinari

hi there guys, i have posted this on a few other places so i hope to have some hints from your community that seems very "active":

i have a bit of "weird" problem, that is, my netbook cannot resume properly from sleepBUT hybernation works fine. and the strange thing is, it was a while, lets say couple of months i didnt use sleep mode which used to work perfectly, all latest security updates have been done, etc etc...

I have also a desktop computer with the same release of win 7 and there sleep mode NEVER worked, i am aware that there are many users with this issue but what i cannot explain is why it used to work before on my netbook.

anyway, couple of things to bear in mind:

the computer goes properly into standby (hard disk saves files to memory?) and then the standby led blinks correctly. when i hit any key, the hard drive loads something for about 3-4 seconds, then Caps lock and Scroll Lock lights on the keyboard turn on (as if it was the check when you boot the pc) and then they stay stuck on and everything is idle, i have tried to leave the computer there 5 minutes, nothing happened, those 2 lights are stuck on...

to get the pc back on i have to long press the power button so forcing a reset, when comp boots, it will detect something went wrong asking me what i want to do, i choose "boot normally" and is back up, this is what i have in the admin error log if that can give any hint, in referse order (newer first):

0 Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x22224330DF61. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

1 The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: cdrom

2 Engine and VDF could not be loaded from installation directory. Engine and VDF will be loaded from a backup copy. >> AVIRA

3 The print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x490. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

4 Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

5 The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_147E&PID_1000\5&9195cc&1&1. Warning, Kernel PnP

6 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. CRITICAL, KERNEL POWER

7 The previous system shutdown at 07:28:23 on ‎09/‎03/‎2012 was unexpected.

so perhaps keyboard problem? see below:

the ONLY relevant hardware change i did recently was to swap keyboard with an OEM one as the stock one was kaput (though i still have it for a test which i have to do this evening). i am talking about the very onboard keyboard, not an external one, i purchased a OEM compatible one that works perfectly but to be precise is not the original.

on startup i have avira, battery care (beta version) and the wireless utility, always had them.

i have tried the following which haven'ty made ANY difference:

- changing Power options, restored "defaults", changed hybrid sleep on/off

- BIOS is useless as there's no power management options, is a netbook.

- roll back / reinstalled Nvidia video drivers

- my netbook has 2 onboard video cards, an nvidia and an integrated intel, i tested both configurations but the problem is IDENTICAL therefore i would skip the "video card problem" if that makes sense...

if anyone has ideas about what could it be, please do let me know, i am going to try the "old" keyboard tonight although is just for the sake of testing, i am not sure whether or not it will make any difference.

NOTE
starting to go out of ideas...
tried these now but nothing helped..

- plugged in old keyboard
- updated chipset video drivers with latest from intel

checked power options under device manager, though under keyboard i have only
"Keyboard Device Filter" as someone suggested to check under keyboard > allow
device to turn on computer.

though, the problem is not to turn the pc on, is that it gets stuck after the
hdd did "something" when resuming and then the caps lock and lum lock lights
stay on and is all stuck!!

frustration.........