Windows 7 network connection will not work properly after reboot - needs driver reinstall

avramm

After reboot (restart) of my W7 64bit, the transmit speed on the network goes way down (from close to 100Mb/s down to 200Kb/s). my way to correct this is to:

1 - uninstall the driver.
2 - reboot
3 - re-install driver.

Then the speed goes back high. if any of the above steps is missing, speed remains low.
please help me resolve this issue.

thnks...

my system:
Motherboard: ASUS P8H77-I
Network: Realtek PCIe GBE controller
W7 Ultimate 64bit
i3-3225 CPU
8 GB Mem
display: Intel HD 4000

Hi,

are you sure your using the latest driver? I checked and mine was out of date too as both win 7 and win 8 were updated in May:

Realtek

Hi,

are you sure your using the latest driver? I checked and mine was out of date too as both win 7 and win 8 were updated in May:

Realtek

Yes, thks for the reply. in the meantime i found the one to blame... apparently, with the Drivers' disk accompanying the Asus MB there was a control program controlling temperature, Fans speed etc'; and.... networking access priority. Well this program is all broken. when I stopped the networking control section. everything is back to normal making me very happy on one hand and very angry on the other for loosing 2 days over this....

Well, my experience may help someone else... regards...

Glad you got the culprit and thanks for updating your thread.

Back