Windows 7 Network messages stuck above systray

Syex

Extraordinary Member
This has been happening recently every time I boot up.
Sometimes its "Not connected - No connections are available" or it can be "Network Internet access" when it is connected.

It goes when I double click the network icon but that isn't really a solution as it shouldn't get stuck there in the first place, any idea what causes the problem?

Untitled.png

I don't know on yours. I've noticed on my 10 pc that I use the most my Logitech webcam software since it was installed messes up my internet connection, even though I have my webcam removed from running until I open it. I don't have internet at startup for like up to a minutes.
Logitech has no newer updates for the webcam software they give everyone and I've rooted it down to that being the cause in my case.
For yours try using Autoruns, run it and if anything shows up in yellow right-click on it and click on do a search online. Then right-click it again if you find no updates for that item and click delete.
You can also uncheck anything you don't want running at startup with it.
It's a Microsoft product as Microsoft owns SysInternals who makes it.
Get it here.:Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

Sorry for late reply and thanks, I have autoruns, I might use it again to have a look behind the scenes... It's happening again b.t.w. It won't disappear from the desktop, obviously this particular thing isn't something I can disable at startup as it's part of the network. It's annoying, it should go by itself, I shouldn't have to open the network menu to get rid of it.

network.png

In Autoruns uncheck both LWS and Logitech Product Registration.
That keeps the webcam from starting up until you open it yourself.

I don't actually have that entry in autoruns, what I do have though is an entry called rdpclip and it says 'Image path': File not found : rdpclip. There's also an entry highlighted in red for some reason: Microsoft\Windows\Nettrace\GatherNetworkInfo - Windows\System\gathernetworkinfo.vbs

I don't know if you know this or not, so I'll tell you.
Anything in Autoruns has a right-click option to search online and get information on it.
If it's yellow or red do just that.
If it's not anything Microsoft or for hardware and/or software you know is on your PC, right-click on it a second time and click on delete.
After that's done restart your pc.
Some things you shouldn't delete that will always be in yellow for some reason are in the attached screenshot.
Sorry about my bad circling, but my eyesight is bad.
That whole section in yellow there should always be left alone. They're hidden files for Windows itself and are needed. Don't delete them.
Autoruns also has a right-click option to search the file on virustotal to make sure it isn't malware. If Virustotal says it's malware (most reputable av vendors Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Eset, Symantec, etc). If they say it's malware delete it definitely.
Autoruns.PNG

Thanks brkkab, you are a legend. ) I sometimes use autoruns, I should take more advantage of it due to all those features. I probably won't need all that sysinternals stuff although the blue screen screensaver could be useful lol. Strangely I don't have that block of wow64 stuff appear when I run autoruns. As for the other issues, they're not really bothering me that much now, they seem to come and go.

I don't know about being a legend.
Nobody will ever know everything about every topic, know matter what it is.
Automobiles. Electronics, Plants, Life, etc.
Things always change and their will always be somebody that knows more than someone else or you know.

True... However, I certainly hope there is someone that knows because the f***ers back! 'Network Internet access' as in the first post of this thread. When I click on it, it won't go. I'm getting fed up of this now.

So it could be something to do with the above script perhaps? It seems to have gone again, it's very temperamental. Thanks for your help but I think it's unsolvable. In the meantime another issue has arisen but I'd better make a new post really when I figure out where. Briefly: When I attempt to login to facebook a message appears: "Cookies Required Cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies in your browser preferences to continue." They are enabled! If I go back or refresh the page I can log in normally.

Wow, was it that long ago! Guess what, it's back! I wish I knew how to prevent the occurence of this s.o.a.b!
network.png

Back