Windows 7 Networking with a Mac from a Mac

suntoryjim

I have 32-bit Win 7 installed on a 2.0Ghz black MacBook. Thanks to Dennis, I've been able to connect to my Mac Mini share via smb. After less than 2 minutes of connecting to the smb share, however, Win 7 will BSOD with an IRQ error. This only happens if I open a smb connection to my Mac, otherwise, Win 7 is solid for everything else on the network/Internet. I installed the drivers from 2.1 BootCamp.

Have any other mac users out there noticed stability issues connecting to smb shares?

that stinks

I am connecting from a Dell XPS630 to a Dual 2.5 Ghz G5 tower. My Life (Pictures, Movies, TV shows, etc) is on a Drobo Connected via USB. I have no problems. I am streaming to media center. I will tell you I am using all the drivers provided by windows because if I install the latest nvidia drivers for the Dell Motherboard and ethernet, I have to roll back the system because of the blue screen! But with Windows update drivers-Perfect!
I suspect a driver issue on your Mac.

I have not replaced the Bootcamp XP on my macbook Pro with win 7 so Guess I'm no help.

I am connecting from a Dell XPS630 to a Dual 2.5 Ghz G5 tower. My Life (Pictures, Movies, TV shows, etc) is on a Drobo Connected via USB. I have no problems. I am streaming to media center. I will tell you I am using all the drivers provided by windows because if I install the latest nvidia drivers for the Dell Motherboard and ethernet, I have to roll back the system because of the blue screen! But with Windows update drivers-Perfect!
I suspect a driver issue on your Mac.

I have not replaced the Bootcamp XP on my macbook Pro with win 7 so Guess I'm no help.

Thanks for the help. You are right about it being a driver issue. I suspect it has to do with the Atheros wireless NIC on my MacBook, for smb connections over the Ethernet port are fine.

Back
Top Bottom