Windows 7 New Geforce 6200 512Mb AGP Installation BSOD Windows 7 Ultimate

ic3cold

I installed a new Geforce 6200 512Mb DDR2 AGP, and the first time my Windows 7 Ultimate, tried to recognize it and started fine, I was able to logged in, but the problem was everything was SLOOOOW, screen refreshes, mouse clicks, interactions, images and icons, EVERYTHING was slow to a crawl, and as I have an AOC 2330V 23" LCD, it defaulted to 1920x1080 full HD and marked it as a recommended setup, I made couple refreshes, tried a few things and reboot, after that same thing, so I decided to remove the drivers and installed fresh Nvidia ones from their site, well then problems started, BSOD the first time, I reboot and perform a startup repair, no problems found, then I went into safe mode, and the card worked fine, although in the default resolution of 800x600 in 16 colors, in that mode it was steady, so I installed the windows drivers again and reboot, but this time no luck, BSOD almost instantly, I did almost 10 different tries, and ended up with BSOD, as I have several Hard disks, a couple Windows XP installations, with default settings, I tried the card there, and it works fine, steady, and no problems, as my motherboard is an ASUS P5VDC-MX rev 2.0, with AGP 8x, and onboard VIA unichrome Pro graphics, I disabled the Unichrome driver, and again same problem BSOD in Windows 7.

View attachment Minidump.zip

Welcome,

Install the driver from here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

------------

Visit you motherboard site and install the latest ATK driver in the utilities section of downloads:

ASACPI ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004

-------------

Uninstall VirtualCloneDrive.

Then also uninstall Daemon Tools. After, use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys (click on Uninstall while using):

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Install PowerISO to replace them.

---------------

Then navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Delete these then reboot:

PxHelp20 PxHelp20.sys Mon Dec 10 18:48:39 2007
pcouffin pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:53 2006
adfs adfs.SYS Thu Aug 14 10:57:15 2008

--------------

Finally, update your VIA chipset drivers from VIA's site, including USB.

Last edited:
Back