Windows 8 New icon for windows defender

Proactivo

Extraordinary Member
I have a new icon for windows defender.
is blue background for a white shield

I think is wrong because the original one is a blue shield in white background.

Where can I download a good icon to substitute ?

Best Regards

The icons are embedded in resource files, either exe's or dll's so if it changed then Microsoft probably change it. They're not easy to replace.

Then mi icon is correct ?
I have observed the old icon is still present in some parts of the operating system.

White Shield on Blue background is the latest WD version in W10 v1703 Creator's Update (CU), so most likely Microsoft deployed in in earlier versions of Windows (W7/W8x) through their monthly updates. I don't currently have a 8.1 system running here at the moment, but one of the other guys here might have one they can check. Chances are that the reason you have the new icon for WD in some places of your 8.1 and not others, is that you don't have all the updates installed into your 8.1 system. We had a discussion earlier today about what you need to do to fully update your 8.1 on another thread. You should try to update your 8.1 following the instructions here:windows update problem in windows 8.1

Then see if all your WD icons match up to the newest one. :)

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

You're most welcome!:up: Don't forget to visit the forum again if you have any more questions, and please tell all your friends about us!!

Best,:teeth:
<<<BBJ>>>

Back