Windows 8 New Mother board - Random BSODs

I got another bsod, and a Red SOD, and just a totally dark blue screen. I'm trying to upload the zip. but I'm getting some error that the file is too big for the server to process.

Here is my dump/logs

Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a39ff761f, b3b72be08c7eacea, fffff80140d0a000, 1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
Hi,
wow a red screen of death! I've never actually seen one but apparently they are gpu related and Toms Hardware has a link on Red screens of death here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1961964/fix-red-screen-death.html
I've checked through your drivers and they look ok so try the solutions offered in the link above. Other than that were you overclocking the cards at the time?

After installing the new mobo....did you leave all external USB devices unplugged and do a clean install of your OS. Which is highly recommended when changing a mobo and/or CPU.

I have a sneaky suspicion that this (DAC) may be the underlying culprit....as windows 8/8.1 doesn't play nice with older hardware...internal or external. Especially with devices that doesn't come with driver/software. Try unplugging it and see what happens.

Do you have a link to that DAC device?

I can't find any PC system requirements on that thing, nor do I find any documentation stating that it will work with a PC. How do you have this DAC connected to your PC?

Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a39ff761f, b3b72be08c7eacea, fffff80140d0a000, 1}

Hi,
wow a red screen of death! I've never actually seen one but apparently they are gpu related and Toms Hardware has a link on Red screens of death here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1961964/fix-red-screen-death.html
I've checked through your drivers and they look ok so try the solutions offered in the link above. Other than that were you overclocking the cards at the time?

I checked out the TomsHardware link, theres no softOSD or sds64a.sys on my computer.
I only got the RSOD once, I updated my drivers to the 14.7 RC3 beta and that seems to have fixed the problems, I haven't had a RSOD, or that other really dark blueSOD, I don't know that this solved the actual BSOD problem though. I'll post back if I get anymore bsods.

After installing the new mobo....did you leave all external USB devices unplugged and do a clean install of your OS. Which is highly recommended when changing a mobo and/or CPU.

Yes. I did a clean install. But I had everything plugged in. It's not enough of a nuisance that it warrents re-installing windows, but if it does, I will definitely do that.

I can't find any PC system requirements on that thing, nor do I find any documentation stating that it will work with a PC. How do you have this DAC connected to your PC?

It connects via USB
Here are pdf instructions for usage in windows.

got a couple more last night and this morning, I wasn't even using the computer, it was just idling all night.

Attachments

• W7F_09-10-2014.zip
    1 MB · Views: 327
Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f59ba0d1681, b3b72be00c8a5914, fffff801d7fcbdf0, 1}

Hey Tactical,
every dump file was the same apart from one which was a bugcheck 3B with the same memory corruption as a probably cause...

Try running this test which will examine your CPU (and it's memory cache):
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19792

I know you tested your sticks of RAM with Memtest86 this time try moving the sticks to different slots. If the machine still bsod's try using one stick only. If it still bsods swop sticks, (the reason I'm asking this even though already tested the RAM is because i recently had a user who tested his RAM just like you, Ram tested fine but still a bsod. I eventually advised to try another set of RAM and luckily he had an old set lying around, the bsod stopped. I wonder if we are seeing the same thing here).

I'm also seeing evidence of code corruption. I did ask you to run a system file check which you said you had run but you never reported the scan result. Please run the SFC again:
Check you haven't got any corruption in Windows by the system file checker. Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

sfcscan.png

these results are different than what I got the first time I ran it. I can post the log as well if you like.
inteldiagnostic.png

I'll switch around the memory sticks and run memtest, I'll have the results tonight.

Attachments

• IntelDiagnosticTestResults.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 440
Similar to the System File Checker is the DISM Tool. This will, if possible, download files to repair missing or corrupt data. Opn the admin command prompt and type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Press enter and await results.

Here is the dism output.
I also got 2 more bsods in a row after switching the memory around, this was after running memtest86 for around 5 hrs (no errors), I'll run it longer tonight.

Attachments

• dism.png
    dism.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 460
  • W7F_09-10-2014.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a00f58fda0b54e, b3b71bdf501df7d1, fffff8025fd8f000, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!BcpCursor <PERF> (nt+0x309000)+0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Tactical,
same Bugcheck and just to recap this bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects critical data that's been corrupted either by a driver, new untested software and failing RAM.
Rather than run Memtest86 for longer I think you would be better served if you removed a stick. It doesn't matter which one just that your running on one stick. You may find one stick gives a bsod and one doesn't. Run your machine like that for 24hrs or until you get a bsod in which case then swop sticks.

I will run it on just one stick. If I get more Bsods, I'll switch em out. Once I've gone through them all, I'll post back.

Thank you very much for helping me with all this.

so, it seems fairly stable with just 2 of the sticks of ram in it right now, but I'm seeing another problem.
every time the machine boots, there is no BSOD, but a Kernel-Power critical logged. Also the system no longer fast-boots. I'm thinking the two are connected.

Attachments

• EventApp.txt
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,836
  • EventSys.txt
    4.3 MB · Views: 419
Back