New Router, maybe.

We are on acerage. And neighbors also. I'm going to get house rewired for internet drops next couple weeks.
The existing drops we found on move-in are odd. The Cable comes past the house to the SE corner of the lot, comes down the pole, into ground, travels (buried) west to garage side of house and enters the attic space there. The was split up with a multiple splitter/amplifiers (2) block to 8 or 9 drops for TV and with one going back, in the attic space to a bedroom on the east end of the house where the cable modem/router was, seemingly, installed. From the Router 3 (only) drops came back into the attic to other bedrooms and the family room at the north west end of the building.
The house is "L" shaped and the front entrance/garage door faces south.
My opinion is that that's too weirdo to maintain. I'm having the router & modem installed on a shelf in the ell corner and most of the TV taps (coax) abandoned.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I will set up my laptop on a cable next to modem today and look at router interface.
LinkSys AC4000. I will check for firmware updates and get on to LinkSys to see why I don't see a service log there (I have looked before).

Denial of service?
It's close to 100 yds from us to any neighbors and closest home is vacant at this time.
But I have wondered about the possibility of rural cowboys stealing internet service out here.
On the other hand Spectrum techs have been here 4 times since we moved in and keep telling me we are good for signal.
I'm hoping relocating the router and modem will go a long way to making me happy.

Yep.
Rewiring and maybe a Weboost.
(1k for maybe an improvement _if_ I'm next to the re broadcast/indoor antenna makes me hesitate.)

Yep.
Rewiring and maybe a Weboost.
(1k for maybe an improvement _if_ I'm next to the re broadcast/indoor antenna makes me hesitate.)

I totes my laptop over to the (temporary) location of the router and hooked up via 3' cable. All the speed I had before returned.

The difference between using the laptop direct connect to the router and trying to use the desktop @ 30 feet away wireless was ... overwhelming.
I've got to get on rewiring this place.

The difference between using the laptop direct connect to the router and trying to use the desktop @ 30 feet away wireless was ... overwhelming.
I've got to get on rewiring this place. And I just got that "you must wait 29 seconds ..." message.

Hallelujah! I found a great improvement. I dug out and added an ASUS USB-AC56 antenna/amplifier(?) on my laptop and desktop.
Laptop is closer to the router so it got some extra speed. But the desktop, holy signal strength! I can actually use wireless internet!
Guestimates: Router to laptop about 30' and 2 walls in the way, Router to desktop 50' and 2 walls, one is an outside block wall.
Salvation on a "stick".

Walls may very well block WiFi signals. Lan thru powerline adapters, how do you call these things, do they still exist and could they help you?
Ideal would be if you would be able to get some lan cables wired in....

Power line would be an option, but not the same as wired. There are models that have built in Wi-Fi so that could extend your Wi-Fi without the loss of speed with a regular extender which cuts the speed in half.

Hallelujah! I found a great improvement. I dug out and added an ASUS USB-AC56 antenna/amplifier(?) on my laptop and desktop.
Laptop is closer to the router so it got some extra speed. But the desktop, holy signal strength! I can actually use wireless internet!
Guestimates: Router to laptop about 30' and 2 walls in the way, Router to desktop 50' and 2 walls, one is an outside block wall.
Salvation on a "stick".

It's December and I'm about ready to wire the home. I've been waiting for cooler weather and having to budget my purchases.
It appears tho that Spectrum, our ISP, has troubles of its own. There's a tree trimming crew working in our subdivision cutting the roadsides back. While I would rather trees be left alone to flourish I'm hoping this will help the network signal stay good. Hoping - I've noticed the tv cable signal stays up most often, this suggests to me Spectrum's problem is not local. And of course they are not owning any responsibility for dropping the internet.
I turned on the router logging. Am curious to see what that will say as to signal drop off.

I keep my fingers crossed.
B.t.w. WiFi Analyser is an easy to use app for tablet or smartphone to check the signal in your house.

I've looked at WiFi Analyser, believe I've looked at several of the same. Don't really know what they are trying to tell me except that they all report the local signal is good until it's not. Bummer.

Back