Windows 8 New setup resulting in two email accounts

jo5030

I am in the process of setting up Dell Venue 11, and in doing it have finished up with two Email accounts for the same email address. Although they seem to be the same, one is set up with winmetro incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (smtp) servers. The other says that it is "the Microsoft account I use to log into windows and sync settings with your other PCs'. Neither seem to lead naturally to my email account, but I am getting my emails

Can someone enlighten me as to the difference

Hi Jo,
I assume your using Windows 8? When you first set the computer up Windows will have asked you to create a 'Microsoft account'. This is can be your Hotmail/Outlook account or you can create one. If you then use the account for email or was doing so already they will automatically appear in the Outlook email app included with Windows 8. You can also add your own further accounts to Outlook. This web page shows you how:
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-configure-mail-in-windows-8-gmail-hotmail-outlook-yahoo/

So in answer to your question there basically isn't any difference between the two email accounts, they are one and the same thing.

I used my "Live" email account for my MS account to sign in to windows on my PC and then installed Office 2013 and use that same email for setting up Outlook 2013 as my email client. Works well for me.

Back
Top Bottom