Windows 7 New Win 7 computer works great except...

mikepetersen951

My audio goes off several times a day when I'm working on the computer. I get a little red X over the speaker icon. When I click on it a screen comes up and corrects the problem, but I get this message:
One or more audio service isn't runningFixed
check.png
Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. Atleast one of these services isn't running.

How can I get both running all the time? What's causing this problem?

type services into the search field of the start menu, hit enter. Then look for those two services and check to make sure that they are set to automatic and they're enabled, if need be click start to activate the service. A reboot maybe needed.

Good advice, but I had actually already done that. My issues is that the "red X" problem re-occurs frequently when I'm using the computer. I can reset fix the problem by clicking on the speaker icon and letting Windows fix it, but it re-occurs again. Any ideas on how to permanently fix this problem/

If it's reoccurring, then I suspect it's a driver issue...mainly that the driver is corrupted. Go to device manager and under sound, video and game controllers...uninstall your sound driver then reboot and windows should install either it's version of a sound driver or it will look for your sound driver from the web...then more than likely another reboot is to follow.

Back