Windows 7 newbe dude need some help.. pls

blackstar**

hey guys.. i really need your expert advise... i have installed windows 7 to my computer. Also, i have installed programs that i need for my work, (adobe photoshop, premiere and after effects) whenever i open premiere and after effects an error shows which says " the currently installed sound card driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording audio is not possible."... what do i have to install or whatever updating should i do to make my software work???.. and when it comes to adobe photoshop, the window Flicks every once in a while and i cant work continually.. pls pls pls pls guys i need your help.. anyone.. ?:(:confused::frown:

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums! :) Glad to have ya on board.. ;)

This doesn't sound too bad.. sounds like a driver issue to me.. Ok, so first off, which build of Windows 7 did you install? Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 is the one that was released to the general public.. That is the one most SHOULD still be using.. ;) Some are using the "daily/interim" builds (ex: 7022, 7057, 7068, 7070).. those are fine but they are not ment to be released to the general public and as such can cause more problems than their worth for some people.. So if your using one of those daily builds than it may be the cause of the problem. But we'll give it the benefit of the doubt first and see if we can get you up and running without having to reinstall Win 7..

Secondly, did you do a clean install (as in format the HDD first then install Win 7) or did you do an upgrade over top of a previous Windows OS?

What I would suggest doing first is going into Device Manager and see if there are any little yellow exclamation marks beside any of your pc's hardware.. If there is then that means there's a driver missing or one needs to be updated. If there's not then that means all your pc's hardware drivers are installed BUT one may not be the proper one to be using, thus resulting in errors like the one your having.

To help a bit more, what are your pc's specs? (Just a general summary will do) Like your motherboard, gpu, sound card, etc. Also, which driver did you use for your sound card? If you just used whatever one's came through Windows Update than chances are your going to need to update them or simply use a 3rd party driver instead. Often times the one's that come through Windows Updates aren't the best drivers to use. ;)

That's about all I can tell ya for now until I know a little bit more about your PC and which driver's you've installed.. once I know that information we can try some other solutions..

hey guys.. i really need your expert advise... i have installed windows 7 to my computer. Also, i have installed programs that i need for my work, (adobe photoshop, premiere and after effects) whenever i open premiere and after effects an error shows which says " the currently installed sound card driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording audio is not possible."... what do i have to install or whatever updating should i do to make my software work???.. and when it comes to adobe photoshop, the window Flicks every once in a while and i cant work continually.. pls pls pls pls guys i need your help.. anyone.. ?:(:confused::frown:

The error message points toward an incompatible driver for your Sound card. Is this a Brand name Computer that you have the Windows 7 Beta [is that X32 or X64 bits and what Build] ? If so its Make and Model might help us to know its Hardware SPECS. If it is a non brand[Example: self-assembled] Computer its Motherboard make and model and if an add on Sound card its make and model will help to know more about availability of at least VISTA compatible sound card drivers that might work in Win 7 Beta.

You may try to see the installed Sound card in Device Manager [ Right- click Computer>Properies>Device Manager> + Sound Video and game controllers and click the Plus sign to expand and locate the sound card or Audio device.

Then try to Right click on the Audio device and click on Update Driver software... > Search automatically for updated driver software [while your computer is Internet connected] for the system to go to the driver download site and get the appropraite driver.
If you already know your Motherboard details ( if your Sound card is integrated) or the details of the Sound card manufacturer ( if a PCI add on Sound card is in your computer) you may go to their website and check for VISTA (x32 or X64) drivers conforming to your Win7 (x32 or X64 bit) and download , update and try and see if that would fix your problem.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums! :) Glad to have ya on board.. ;)

This doesn't sound too bad.. sounds like a driver issue to me.. Ok, so first off, which build of Windows 7 did you install? Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 is the one that was released to the general public.. That is the one most SHOULD still be using.. ;) Some are using the \"daily/interim\" builds (ex: 7022, 7057, 7068, 7070).. those are fine but they are not ment to be released to the general public and as such can cause more problems than their worth for some people.. So if your using one of those daily builds than it may be the cause of the problem. But we'll give it the benefit of the doubt first and see if we can get you up and running without having to reinstall Win 7..

Secondly, did you do a clean install (as in format the HDD first then install Win 7) or did you do an upgrade over top of a previous Windows OS?

What I would suggest doing first is going into Device Manager and see if there are any little yellow exclamation marks beside any of your pc's hardware.. If there is then that means there's a driver missing or one needs to be updated. If there's not then that means all your pc's hardware drivers are installed BUT one may not be the proper one to be using, thus resulting in errors like the one your having.

To help a bit more, what are your pc's specs? (Just a general summary will do) Like your motherboard, gpu, sound card, etc. Also, which driver did you use for your sound card? If you just used whatever one's came through Windows Update than chances are your going to need to update them or simply use a 3rd party driver instead. Often times the one's that come through Windows Updates aren't the best drivers to use. ;)

That's about all I can tell ya for now until I know a little bit more about your PC and which driver's you've installed.. once I know that information we can try some other solutions..
-Radenight,cmn.. i really apprciate your kindness sharing possible solutions to my problem. well my computer is not really a "sick one" if you know what i mean.. but its specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4200+ 2.20 Ghz
NVDIA GeForce 6150Se nForce 430 (Microsoft Corp. WDDM)
Ram: 2GB DDr2 Kinsgston
(i think) my sound card is just the "stock one" and uses the High Definition Audio Device - Microsoft.. as its driver..

about my Windows 7 & ive installed it from HDD itself & reformated my main Drive.. and not thorough my Old version of windows Xp.
unfortunately im not too sure about what version of windows 7 have i installed to my pc. where can i find out about its version thing anyway? im really clueless to about this guys coz a friend just asked me to try it... i love it though, its the best... now im reading all your advices and am trying to understand the What to's and How To's... anyway... i would very much aprreciate for more of your help.. im a lil shy bout my pc, just to be honest.. Lol...

about my main board...

Anyway my main board is Red Fox MCP6P M2 +:confused:

ive tried to check the device manager and it says all my drivers are functioning well... and i gues i dont lack any of these drivers.. maybe its really not compatible to my current OS.. you recon? hmmm :confused: ill be browsing over your replies, i'll rest for a while.. coz i havent slept yet.. hopefully when i wake up.. id still find you guys here.. for more help.. thanks again i really appreciate it.. :razz:

No worries, no need to be shy, this forum is full of great members who are always ready and willing to help! Myself included.. ;) I always say, you don't know unless ya ask so don't feel like your asking a "wrong" question because as far as I'm concerned there are no "wrong" questions when it comes to pc's.. ;)

So from what you've told me so far, your pc isn't too shabby at all.. I always like when a fellow AMD user comes along! So I just want to make sure I understand you correctly, so right now, all you have is Windows 7 installed on your pc? And you only have 1 hard drive right? If that's the case than what you need to do is find the right driver for your motherboard.. It sounds like whatever driver you have installed for the audio isn't the right one.. So let's see if we can find a more suitable driver... ;)

Ok after some searching I have 2 drivers that may fix this problem for you.

One is available here:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...alTek-High-Definition-Audio-driver-R171.shtml

And the other here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Now these are Windows Vista drivers. They SHOULD work fine as all Vista drivers are supposed to work with Windows 7. So don't be alarmed when you see that their for Vista. I don't think there are any Windows 7 specific drivers out yet for your motherboard. I'd recommend you try either one of these and see if you have any better luck. If they don't work, let me know and we'll try something else...

im beginning to like it here.. thanks mann..

uhmm so, are you telling me that my driver for MainBoard and other stuff which i have on a cd, together when i bought this pc wont do anything because it is not compatible with my widows7?

hey man uhhmm i 'll go back to this post as soon as i wake up.. i realy need to sleep.. :razz: thanks again..

That's what it's sounding like yes... The CD you have most likely contains drivers for Windows XP.. it may also have some for Vista but I would imagine they have been updated since you got the CD... ;) It's always best to use the latest available drivers instead of outdated one's.. simply for reasons such as the problem your having.... There have been others having troubles with HD Audio drivers as well on Windows 7 too so your not alone.. :)

Sorry I forgot to answer one of your other questions.. How to find out which version of Windows 7 your using.. There are a couple ways actually.. One of which is to look at the lower right hand side of your desktop, there should be a watermark that reads something like "Windows 7 Build 7XXX, For Testing Purposes Only". OR you can look it up by clicking the START button, then simply type in Winver than hit ENTER. That will bring up all the version information for you... :)

Anyway my main board is Red Fox MCP6P M2 +:confused:

ive tried to check the device manager and it says all my drivers are functioning well... and i gues i dont lack any of these drivers.. maybe its really not compatible to my current OS.. you recon? hmmm :confused: ill be browsing over your replies, i'll rest for a while.. coz i havent slept yet.. hopefully when i wake up.. id still find you guys here.. for more help.. thanks again i really appreciate it.. :razz:

Although your MoBo might be branded Red Fox, from my search , it is originally made by BIOSTAR. Red Fox Technologies does not show this MoBO at their Website.
You may get VISTA drivers for that board from BIOSTAR. Your ALC 662 High definition Audio driver for Windows VISTA is listed at that site. You must try to install the Chipset driver first and then try the Audio and if necessary Video drivers and see if your Computer behaves better. This assumes you don't have the latest driver software Disc with you.

blackstar**;19145
unfortunately im not too sure about what version of windows 7 have i installed to my pc. where can i find out about its version thing anyway? im really clueless to about this ...

One way to find out Windows Version from your Desktop is to click Start ( Windows Globe Logo ) and in the "Search programs and files" box ( similar to the the Run box of WinXP) type in winver and then press [ENTER] key.

The "About Windows" popup will show its version and BUILD, your license to use it and the expiration date to use this evaluation copy. If It does not give you enough understandable information about whether it is 32-bits or 64-bits, you may later Right-click Computer> click Properties and read the information under System

One way to find out Windows Version from your Desktop is to click Start ( Windows Globe Logo ) and in the "Search programs and files" box ( similar to the the Run box of WinXP) type in winver and then press [ENTER] key.

The "About Windows" popup will show its version and BUILD, your license to use it and the expiration date to use this evaluation copy. If It does not give you enough understandable information about whether it is 32-bits or 64-bits, you may later Right-click Computer> click Properties and read the information under System

This information was already posted... ;)

ohh.. now i see..

anyway my windows 7 is build 7022.. thankyou for that Radenight... i had my watermarks remove days ago... lol. ok so, is it time for me to download the drivers of my chipset? i think the Cd installer which is the my drivers and utilities for nVidia Chipset Maindoard is not working as well.. coz everytime i load it uo to my pc, windows alerts me that "blah blah has stoped running..."

i will check the links you've given me though.. :razz:thnaks..

ey bros...
ive tried DLoading from the links that you have given me.. but it still doesnt work.. my drivers on the the device manager have been updated... dont you think its the adobe softwares are the once not compatible..? do you think i should reinstall the softwares?:confused:

It could very well be something on Adobe's end.. ;) I know alot of people were having trouble with Flash on the 64 bit version.. So yeah, maybe just wait a bit and see if the RC fixes the issue with the software... it should. ;) As for the drivers. hmm.. that's odd.. I would suggest reinstalling the software yeah but if that doesn't work then it looks like your just going to have to wait for the RC unfortunately... Unless someone else steps in and knows a fix.... :)

New Things

chouhan
Windows 7 is infant and it takes times to mature. Please be patient to become it mature and hardware vendors to make device drivers for this new OS

ey bros...
ive tried DLoading from the links that you have given me.. but it still doesnt work.. my drivers on the the device manager have been updated... dont you think its the adobe softwares are the once not compatible..? do you think i should reinstall the softwares?:confused:

Hi blackstar,
To make the answers more appropriate for your problem, it is always better to provide as much details (such as Make Model, Version) of a device or software you are having problems with. Otherwise, those of us who post answers here to help you troubleshoot your problem would have to make assumptions which may often prove to be a hit or miss exerecise:razz:.

So far we know you have installed Windows 7 Beta Build 7022 on Red Fox MCP6P M2 + MoBo ( which happens to be really a BIOSTAR system board with the same MCP6P M2 Model and version you have given ) Since this board is compatible with X32 or X64 version of Windows 7 beta, it is critical to know what Windows 7 architecture you have installed. The importance of that information will become evident while selecting the drivers for the onboard devices and add-on cards and peripheral devices in the system. This exercise becomes more complicated because manufacturers of devices or software do not always release products conforming to both X32 and X64 types. Mere mention of Adobe photoshop, or Adobe Premiere Elements leave us to guess whether it is the latest version 7 or older versions as support for them at the Adobe site for all the Released Windows software varies with the age of your software. Windows 7 being Beta has to often use VISTA drivers and software in "compatibility mode" and if Adobe has VISTA drivers ( X32 and X64) we might be able to use them depending upon our Win7 architecture.

If you have the latest Adobe Premiere Elements 7, you may check at Adobe site for VISTA drivers compatible with your System, before you try to "reinstall" it in your troubleshoot provided you have already updated your sound and Video devices with compatible drivers.
I hope this helps

Hi blackstar,
To make the answers more appropriate for your problem, it is always better to provide as much details (such as Make Model, Version) of a device or software you are having problems with. Otherwise, those of us who post answers here to help you troubleshoot your problem would have to make assumptions which may often prove to be a hit or miss exerecise:razz:.

So far we know you have installed Windows 7 Beta Build 7022 on Red Fox MCP6P M2 + MoBo ( which happens to be really a BIOSTAR system board with the same MCP6P M2 Model and version you have given ) Since this board is compatible with X32 or X64 version of Windows 7 beta, it is critical to know what Windows 7 architecture you have installed. The importance of that information will become evident while selecting the drivers for the onboard devices and add-on cards and peripheral devices in the system. This exercise becomes more complicated because manufacturers of devices or software do not always release products conforming to both X32 and X64 types. Mere mention of Adobe photoshop, or Adobe Premiere Elements leave us to guess whether it is the latest version 7 or older versions as support for them at the Adobe site for all the Released Windows software varies with the age of your software. Windows 7 being Beta has to often use VISTA drivers and software in "compatibility mode" and if Adobe has VISTA drivers ( X32 and X64) we might be able to use them depending upon our Win7 architecture.

If you have the latest Adobe Premiere Elements 7, you may check at Adobe site for VISTA drivers compatible with your System, before you try to "reinstall" it in your troubleshoot provided you have already updated your sound and Video devices with compatible drivers.
I hope this helps

helloo CMN,

i guess you really have a point there.. so if i understand your opinion correctly... my windows 7 version 7022 is not really a good one? or what? ive tried reinstalling my softwares over and over again.. but still it doesnt bite to the drivers you have asked me to download earlier.. well, im not saying that my audio system isn't working well so i supposed that my adobe software is the one who is having problems with its codecs.. ive found another forum regarding "adobe cannot record sound..." so i gues thats pin points the source of the problem.. :razz: i guess i would have to figure out how to make these softwares work.. thanks for everything.. :D Anyway.. another problem... i cant cut and paste the fonts that i have downloaded... heed help on that as well.

CMN, Radenight,

thankyou mann..! i had my adobe softwares running well. thanks for your help.... :D:razz: you guys definitely have no idea how thankful i am for helping me out with my pc problems.. one more problem though.. im finding it hard to install fonts.. i cant see them as i paste it on the Font folder on the control pannel.. :confused:

Back