Windows 7 Newbie to 7.0 (some quick questions)

paulk

Hi guys

Im new here and new to 7 so take it easy on me please..!

Currently running 7.0 on an old POS lappy 1.60 ghz processor and 512 meg RAM surprisingly its holding up really well.
Though its a clone computer all but one of the drivers has been picked up, so all good there.

One thing i do see as missing which i use A LOT and would really miss is the quick launch to show desktop does it exist .... (yes im one of those who saves loads on the desktop !!! )

Also Im trying to get usto to the start menu but finding it quite hard, (I skipped vista...) can it be made to look like the traditional one..?

Yours
Paul

Hello Paul a welcome/

Right-click on the taskbar, choose New Toolbar, now navigate to the C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and select the folder.

i suggest you tun of Show Title and Show Text

hey there thanks for the reply,

No AppData (guessing its hidden) how do i unhide\show it..

Did say i was a newbie..!

(just found the show desktop button at the end of the taskbar (by time) MS really need to make that a little more visable)

paul

I missed Quick Launch, too, but decided to just use the new taskbar for a week or two. After a few days I didn't miss the Quick Launch at all. Give it a try.

Sure,

Go to Control panel > Folder Options, click the View tab and choose Show hidden files and folders

Cheers lads,

Thanks for all that good job etc...gonna be working on this for a while lol

one last thing how do i run this "XP emulation mode" ive heard so much about it or isnt it in this build.?

PAul

Nether could I had to do a quick google Link Removed due to 404 Error