Windows 7 No audio through internal speakers, though headphones are working fine. Broken speakers?

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 running on Windows 7. None of the system volumes are on mute, the speakers properties lie and say it's working properly, I've already reinstalled device driver software, and restored Windows to an earlier date...though, no dice. I'm not totally sure what my other options are... Any help?

Hi. Is there any physical volume control on the machine itself? If so, make that's up too.

Install the latest driver from here:

Realtek

Yeah, I've got the volume turned up in every possible way.

The link above wouldn't go through, so I found it on cnet.
Installed, rebooted, no luck. :/ Have any other suggestions?

try the up dates as torrenetG said let us know if that works am looking into it for you to see if it could be something else

Hope it works :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't think it's really going to help because there is a physical problem with the headphone jack. When the headphone plug is removed, the jack isn't allowing the computer to realize this has happened.

That's where the issue is, and is common.

If you want to try..

There is another driver which could also affect the sound on your Toshiba laptop named "Conexant HD Audio Driver". Reinstall this driver after which your laptop's sound will become normal but if its still really lowered. Go to the Control Panel and open Programs & Features And uninstalling the Conexant HD Audio Driver program and then restart your computer and let windows install it on its own. let me know if that works for you

Yup, the headphone jack soldered on to it, specifically.

That model has Realtek HD Audio, not Conexant. It may have a Conexant modem, I'm not sure, but that wouldn't alter the Realtek at all.

well i'll leave this to you Torrent :D
Tryed my best to Help :D
beccaiship all the best
hope you get if fix asap :D

So there's basically nothing I can do to fix this(the free way)? It just stopped working so suddenly, I hadn't even used headphones in a while... Oh well.
Would you guys happen to know if this the type of fix that can be done easily? Or is it going to turn into one of those "you might as well just plan on buying a new computer because those GeekSquad nerds are going to rape you" scenarios....

dont lose hope.. am sure you can fix it, anything thats broken can be fixed :D
give it sometime as the thread is still new, and let others see it and maybe they can help out

Last edited:
They won't even be able to fix that there without replacing the board. Take it to a local electronics shop and ask them how much will they charge you to replace the headphone jack.
If reputable, they won't charge that much.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505-S6946 running on Windows 7. None of the system volumes are on mute, the speakers properties lie and say it's working properly, I've already reinstalled device driver software, and restored Windows to an earlier date...though, no dice. I'm not totally sure what my other options are... Any help?

Did you set the speakers default device in the Realtek HD Manager (Control Panel)?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Well, my audio has mysteriously returned. I don't understand what's going on... though I'm pretty stoked to have my audio back. Until next time!

Back
Top Bottom