Windows 7 no disk space and paging file issue when there is plenty of space

Steffi

Our computer has an 80g hard drive with 3 GB installed ram. It is claiming we are out of space and cannot perform any new installations and many other tasks. We deleted our photos and videos, a few less-used programs, ran anti-virus and malware program, used disk cleanup and file directory fixer (cc cleaner), defragmented, and still no change in the situation. On every restart we get a message about the paging file size needing to be changed, we just click okay on whatever it is, which changes on each restart...any ideas on what could be causing this? Included is a photo of the disk info. We have 65 MB available for use (or so it says) so forgive me if we bleep out on the post...help!

Attachments

• DSCF3419.JPG
    DSCF3419.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 285
Go to control panel, folder options, view. Check the "show hidden files and folders" option. Uncheck "hide protected operating system files". Show us a full listing of your drive C.

here is my C:
DSCF3424.JPG
drive after doing what you instructed. Thanks for the reply.

There are some third party utilities for analyzing drive usage. I have not used any so I cannot recommend, but you might check the link.

I have seen some systems in Windows 8 which were storing multiple shadow copies (restore points) in the System Volume Information folder. I do not know if Windows 7 has ever done that, but because something might be hiding in such a place, the third party utility may be required.

http://www.howtogeek.com/113012/10-best-free-tools-to-analyze-hard-drive-space-on-your-windows-pc/

Back
Top Bottom