Windows 7 No DNS service

Millismote

I have a home network using a Verizon Fios wireless router. Gateway 192.168.1.1 DNS 192.168.1.1, my 2 desktops and one laptop all work correctly. A friends laptop will not connect to the internet on my network unless I specify the internet address. I tried a different network adapter, same result. Windows 7 operating system on laptop. any ideas appreciated.

It could be a fault with your broadband,you need to contact your Internet service provider.They should have a technical support customer services. They should be able to sort it out for you.

It could be a fault with your broadband,you need to contact your Internet service provider.They should have a technical support customer services. They should be able to sort it out for you.
I have three computers on my network and they all work perfectly. My friends computer will connect through my router if I give it an Internet address etc : http://24.102.233.... I can't connect to the DNS server with my friends laptop but my machines work just fine. His laptop is set up just like my machines and all operating systems are Windows 7

I have three computers on my network and they all work perfectly. My friends computer will connect through my router if I give it an Internet address etc : http://24.102.233.... I can't connect to the DNS server with my friends laptop but my machines work just fine. His laptop is set up just like my machines and all operating systems are Windows 7
That's strange.
I know with my laptops I just turn them on and they all recognize my WiFi connection from my ISP. I can also connect to the Internet using wired broadband. But wireless is better a I can have my laptops in any room and I don't have to sit right by the router.

What happens when you connect the laptop to wired broadband? Does that work or is it the same problem?

The problem is that your gateway and DNS have the same Ipv4 address...192.168.1.1. Each device should have a separate address. So there something wrong with the way the network is assigning those address to each device. I would try resetting the router by unplugging it from the AC outlet for one minute and plug it back in. If that doesn't work, use the reset button on the back of the router. It's a little tiny hole with the reset button inside. You will need a paper clip, insert one end of the paper clip inside the hole and hold down until the router reboots it self. This will reset the router back to factory defaults.

That's strange.
I know with my laptops I just turn them on and they all recognize my WiFi connection from my ISP. I can also connect to the Internet using wired broadband. But wireless is better a I can have my laptops in any room and I don't have to sit right by the router.

What happens when you connect the laptop to wired broadband? Does that work or is it the same problem?

When I connect the laptop with an ethernet cable it's the same problem.

Back