+No icons on 2nd user screen

Boomerang Gaming

I have a Win 10 computer that I recently setup for use by my son-in-law and my grandson. The one for my son-in-law is the main user, and one for grandson set up afterwards, both are set as Administrators. Everything is fine on the main users screen, but if I sign in as my grandson then there are no icons showing on the screen, just the icon title. The computer works fine, and shortcuts work, but it all looks very confusing, and my young grandson finds it difficult to use without the graphics as a guide. Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to get the graphics back?

If you mean icons on the desktop then you simply need to add whatever shortcuts you want. There won't be many if any be default.

I have loads of shortcuts on the screen, links to drives, links to office programs, games recycle bin. the normal working shortcut icons. But whether system icons or those i have created, none of them have the graphical element, just the lower text of the title.

Ahh that would be a corrupt thumbnail cache.
Open a PowerShell prompt
Run the following
Get-ChildItem $ENV:LOCALAPPDATA\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer -Include "thumbcache_*","iconcache_*" -Recurse | Remove-Item
Stop-Process -Name explorer

Back