Windows 7 No network cards.

nOrphf

Hi

I have just installed Windows 7 RC1, but there is no network controller.
There is none present in the device manager either as "Other devices" or Not able to start.
I had an wireless card in the computer when I installed, and when I tried to install the LAN network drivers, as I thought it was that it wass called Network card blabla #3.
So it looks like windows has installed the 2 onboard network cards, but for some reason hidden them totally.
I have tryed to install the 680i Chipset driver, but it does not enable me to install network card drivers.
I have also tried to install ForceWare Access manager, it just tells me that there is no NVIDIA-Hardware/Driver not found.

Anyone have any suggestion on this?

Best regards

Lars Mortensen
LarsM IT

dag Lars
And you say there are no "Network Adapters" showing in the Device manager? What is the make of the adapters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Sorry the late answer.

No theres not even the "Network Adapters" line present.
The make is NVIDIA NForce.

I have created a case with Nvidia, and it has been forwarded to Level 2, so waiting for answer.

I have installed an PCI adapter, so I could use the computer, and now after some use the Nforce adapter showed up, then after a restart it disappeared again. But atm the adapter is present.

You could probably try to go into the Device Manager and install/update the driver using the disc (Windows should be able to find the driver from the disc and load it).

Hi

Nope, unfortunatly.

I have tried to run the driver installer, it informs me that there is not supported hardware.

/nOrphf

Back