No sound After Windows 7 install

Thanks for listening guys.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that I just installed a new hard drive and Windows 7 in. The problem is I have lost all sound. It shows the sound device is working fine and all drivers are up to date but no sound. I did notice that for a sound device, instead of speakers it shows headphones but they dont work either. Any ideas would be greatky appreciated. I like watching my news videos but cant read lips.

Venom

I'm not saying your stupid but this happened to me, sadly..
If your laptop has a physical volume control, check it to make sure it wasn't turned down accidentally.

I'm not saying your stupid but this happened to me, sadly..
If your laptop has a physical volume control, check it to make sure it wasn't turned down accidentally.
No offense taken, Venom, it has happened to me before also but this is a different critter all together. I installed a new hard drive and installed windows 7 and havnt had sound since. Ive tried updates and it says my drivers are current. If I play a video the sound volume bar jumps around like nothings wrong. Device manager says everything is kosher but still no sound. I have noticed that Device Manager just lists my sound card as a "High Definition Audio Device" and even if I delete it and reboot, it shows the same HDAU and automatically shows up as Headphones of which doesnt work either.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.