Windows 7 No Sound from System

CaptainDon

I just installed Win 7 build 7000 on my system and there is no sound from my X-Fi Gamer card. Card and speakers are OK in Vista 32 bit Ultimate. Went to manufacturer site and got the Vista driver but it does not recognize operating system and suggests I upgrade to Windows XP. Any suggestions are appreciated.

On the installer for the drivers, do this:

1. Right click it
  2. Choose Properties
  3. Click the Compatability tab
  4. Check the box
  5. Choose Windows Vista RTM
If it still doesn't work do the same but instead of Windows Vista RTM choose Windows XP

To mods: Can we atleast get this info stickied? There have been loads of these threads lately...

Thanks for the suggeation but there is no Vista RTM option only Vista which when I run the driver it goes a little further but then stops with an error again. This is the driver I am trying to use SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008.exe. Is this the one you used?
Thanks

There should be a Vista RTM there. I don't have that soundcard/graphics card (whatever it is), so I can't really help you much further.

Just for your interest and anyone else needing a solution to the problem. I used an older version of the SB driver setting the compatibility as Vista (still no Vista RTM) and it worked!

I just installed Win 7 build 7000 on my system and there is no sound from my X-Fi Gamer card. Card and speakers are OK in Vista 32 bit Ultimate. Went to manufacturer site and got the Vista driver but it does not recognize operating system and suggests I upgrade to Windows XP. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I've heard alot of other people have been having problems with these cards too.. It's a driver problem for sure.. the only thing you can do until Windows 7 is further along in development is try the latest Vista driver as they are "supposed" to work with 7 and if that doesn't work you'll just have to wait until a Win 7 specific driver is released for these cards.. unfortunately though I'm thinking that will take a while considering how long it took Creative to release "good" Vista drivers.. ;) also you could mess around with the compatibility settings and try to get it running that way but I've never had good experience with that so I don't suggest it much and I'm sure you've already been told to try that.. good luck.. :)

Oh and Welcome to Windows 7 forums!! :)

hello, i have almost the same problem, i install the Windows 7 build 7000, and I don't get any sound on it, i have fully install the drivers for the sound card, but still.. It's not working. It's up-to-date.

Any sugestions?

Regards,
S.87

Did you try an older X-Fi driver as I did? I used the older one and changed the compatibility option to Vista.

It has been working for one week now without a hiccup!

Don

Update. Ran the same drivers SBFX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008 in vista capability mode. Worked the first time around. My model card is a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro. Hope this helps

Link to the download page-

Link Removed - Invalid URL

hello, i have almost the same problem, i install the Windows 7 build 7000, and I don't get any sound on it, i have fully install the drivers for the sound card, but still.. It's not working. It's up-to-date.

Any sugestions?

Regards,
S.87
Okay, i fix it somehow, what i did is change from speakers to headphones, and all sounds play thru speakers :eek:.. What a weard thing.. change it on WMP and Sound/audio Properties.

Its the only way i got it to work lol :cool:

Have a good day ya'll
Regards,
S.87

I originally used the file SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008.EXE but that did not work so I went back a step and used the version SBXF_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0004.EXE. Before running the driver I right clicked on the file and selected Properties then Compatibility then checked the Run this program box and used Windows Vista from the drop down list. I also ran the program as an administrator.

Good luck

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE cheap card from Walmart, it does not work and I've downloaded three different drivers none work, I guess I'll wait for Win7 drivers to be released.

Creative X-Fi Gamer...no surround sound

Creative X-Fi Gamer...installs fine with Vista compatibility mode, but no surround sound here.

I have the same problem. My motherboard is INTEL D865 PERL. all drivers and settings are good and i have no any soud. Can someone help me?

I had a problem getting my X-Fi Extreme Audio to work. What I had to do was use the original disk to install the initial stuff and all the support software (what you really need from all this), it allowed the program to run but didn't pick up the hardware. Then I ran the update program and it found the correct 64 bit drivers and downloaded them for me. Give that a shot.

The only problem is surround sound wont work.

I reformated my Windows 7 drive, and use my Beta Key, everything I've tried so far works GREAT!

I've discovered that the lack of surround sound only applies to the playback of audio files from within Windows itself (including movies), but in games surround sound works fine. I'm using an X-Fi Gamer.

Back
Top Bottom