No sound in Chrome Browser?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

A friend of mine called and said his sound wasn't working.
I went over to his house yesterday and checked out his computer.

When I booted it up it was apparent that the sound was working fine.

After cleaning out hundreds of minor and some major malware, running CCleaner, defragging.

I took several hours to get rid of some of the software he had installed unknowingly, CleanMyPC, AVG and things like that.

I finally figure out that what didn't work is his sound in the Chrome Browser.
It works everyplace else but when I open Chrome and go to YourTube or any thing like that there is no sound. It works in IE and in FireFox.

I left him set up to use FireFox but even uninstalling and re-installing Chrome wouldn't make the sound start working.

I don't have a clue what would cause the sound to work everyplace but in Chrome.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Mike

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Hi

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I also found some info about a conflict with Flash after a recent update.

Seem other browsers work with it but not Chrome.

Thanks again.

Mike

Joe S

Excellent Member
Mike
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome? Maybe something got corrupt from the cleaners he was using.
Joe

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Hi

Yes I did remove and reinstall chrome and it still had no sound while everything else did.
I'm pretty sure this is due to an update in Flash.

I found a message on the Google web site that says they are aware that people are having this problem and are working on it.
So I'm guessing for now that in a few days there will be a Chrome update that will fix it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Mike

Well at least they're aware of the problem...hopefully they'll have a fix for you.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.