Windows 7 No Sound, Tried Everything, Please Help!

MaHiRzDaMaN

I've had no sound on my Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium for a couple of weeks. I've tried many different solutions from multiple websites, but I still have no sound. The drivers are all working properly, but there's no sound from the external speakers that I plugged in, the integrated speakers in the monitor, or my headphones. The troubleshooter can't find anything, and I've even reinstalled Windows 7 just now, but there's still no sound. When I click the sound icon on the taskbar and change the volume, the green bar moves, but I still don't hear the beeps from my speakers. The sound used to work fine before, on Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, but it suddenly stopped. What should I do?

Dumb as it may sound, have you clicked the speaker icon in the task bar, select Mixer... at the bottom of each slider is a little speaker icon, if you hover on it you'll see "Mute Speakers"... Have you tried clicking these buttons?

The drivers are all working properly, but there's no sound from the external speakers that I plugged in, the integrated speakers in the monitor, or my headphones.

In the system sound mixer, choose your output device and adjust the volume.

DDDW.jpg

You may need to set your default audio device in Realtek/Creative manager.

Is your monitor hdmi connected?
No, my monitor is not HDMI connected currently, but if you think that could help fix the problem, I can connect it using my PS3's HDMI cable.

No, my monitor is not HDMI connected currently, but if you think that could help fix the problem, I can connect it using my PS3's HDMI cable.
Actually no, I can't connect it with HDMI. The monitor has an HDMI port but the CPU doesn't .

UPDATE: I plugged the headphones in and tried to do a sound test and watch videos, but the volume is really really low. I had to have perfect silence to hear it. The volume is turned up all the way on my computer in the sound icon, so I don't know why the volume is really low. This probably happened with my speakers too, but it was too low to hear. I plugged the headphones into the audio inputs on the front and rear of the computer, and both had the same effect.

Yes, I reinstalled Win7 yesterday, and I was shocked when it still didn't fix the problem. My soundcard is Realtek High Definition Audio.

I have a realtek HD audio driver thats downloadable (Its for my laptop, but for your sound card) see if this works- Link Removed - Invalid URL

(I dont know if your allowed to post links - if your not, im sorry)

Try that link - Download and install (if you can) Post the results here.

Amanha, yes, you are allowed to post links.

If you see the volume indicator with moving green bars, I suspect that the problem is not with the computer but with the speakers. Try to connect the speakers to a different computer and see if they work there. Also, try to connect to YOUR computer different speakers and see if you have normal sound. Tell us how it went.

Amanha, yes, you are allowed to post links.

If you see the volume indicator with moving green bars, I suspect that the problem is not with the computer but with the speakers. Try to connect the speakers to a different computer and see if they work there. Also, try to connect to YOUR computer different speakers and see if you have normal sound. Tell us how it went.
All of my other computers are laptops, so I don't think I can connect the speakers to them. Also, since this problem is also happening with the speakers integrated in my monitor, and my headphones, I think it's the computer. The headphones work perfectly fine with my iPhone.

Last edited:
I have a realtek HD audio driver thats downloadable (Its for my laptop, but for your sound card) see if this works- Link Removed - Invalid URL

(I dont know if your allowed to post links - if your not, im sorry)

Try that link - Download and install (if you can) Post the results here.
That's for Vista and it's from 2008, so I don't think it's the right one.

If it's not an on board sound card, open the computer case and check if the sound card is firmly in place and didn't become lose.

This might sound strange, but try connecting the speakers to the microphone slot. Also, see if there are any other green slots to connect the speakers to.

Do you have any 3rd party audio codecs installed? Uninstall them if you do and restart the computer.

Go to Control panel----->Sound----->Speakers(DoubleClick it)
In the Speaker properties window, go to Enhancements tab... Select the Speaker Fill ... Then Check the speaker... see if your your 5.1 or 2.1 works.

Unplug the speakers, move them to a different sound port (doesn't matter which one), and then move them back to the speaker port.

Sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

Check this
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom