No sound with Realtek AC 97 and MSI K8 Neo4 Mainboard

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions and help. I disabled the install signed drivers thing... It does not change anything. I can still install the different Realtek drivers i choose from MSI or Realtek homepage, I still get soundbars when I click on the speaker symbol in the lover right corner of the desktop, and still no sound. Today I was not able to remove old drivers before installing/trying a new one. Win 7 automatically installed a new driver when I removed the existing one and run the driver sweeper (with no option to stop it..). The only way I managed to change the drivers today was the update driver option were I selected which folder to update from.

I think a new soundcard that is compatible with Win7 is needed......

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I think your onboard sound is fine but wonder if the dual boot has anything to do with the problem... Have you considered just trying to run 7?

Hi, my plan is to get rid of the dualboot when I get the real Win 7. Until then I will default to my Laptop-USB speakers.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Sorry it's not worked out but at least you have a solution of sorts..

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
Did you hunt out a new BIOS in case it's a issue there??? Also did you put the latest NForce chipset drivers on???

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.