Windows 7 No type filter in search

tanzanos

Win 7 lacks a search filter in the search bar of windows explorer.
The only way to search with filters is to find the keywords such as "kind: videos" etc. XP had a much better search than Win7 :(
Link Removed - Invalid URL search.jpg

Thanks but nothing works. The only way I can use filters is to look for the keywords on the internet and print them on a paper so that when I want to search for all videos I will have to type kind:videos. This is such a downgrade to win XP search. What are the people at MS smoking?????? Did you look at my attached photo?

Instead of using the regular search box (F3), go to a folder and press Windows Key + F which will give you a more advanced search window where you can add more search filters by just clicking (date modified, type, name, size, kind)

I have thousands of videos and music files in scores of folders. What if I want to do an all videos search?

I'm sorry if I didn't, perhaps, get you the first time. There was no offense, though.

I don't think "All videos" will give a result. Your OS doesn't really think, it only acts as commanded. I tried to search with "video", and I only got the default "video" folder, all other videos were missing.

There are third party search engines, like in Search for freeware and shareware downloads at SnapFiles.com

Perhaps you could find one you like there? Anyway, best wishes.

I'm sorry if I didn't, perhaps, get you the first time. There was no offense, though.

I don't think "All videos" will give a result. Your OS doesn't really think, it only acts as commanded. I tried to search with "video", and I only got the default "video" folder, all other videos were missing.

There are third party search engines, like in Search for freeware and shareware downloads at SnapFiles.com

Perhaps you could find one you like there? Anyway, best wishes.
You can do an all videos search by typing kind:videos When you type "kind:" it will expect you to include after the colon a keyword such as music, videos, jpg etc. This is in a way a downgrade to the XP search where all the pertinent filters were available at hand.

Back