Windows 7 no virtual drive programs working on windows 7?

blitzkikker

Hi, I've been using windows 7 for some time now, works fine here. Except I can't install Daemon tools, cuz it's not compatible.
So I decided to check if Alcohol 120% would work, but it can't install aswell cuz it requires a reboot and after that the setup will just start all over again requiring another reboot and so on. (just like daemon tools)

On XP & Vista I didn't have that problem. Anyone knows if i can fix this somehow or another program to run .iso files on a virtual drive would be sufficient too. (only when confirmed working in windows 7)

Thanks in advance:D

Magic ISO & Power ISO don't work

This is really bad news for those who keep their important softwares as ISO images.Most ISO programs don't work on Windows 7.I got Magic ISO and Power ISO(latest Versions) installed on my Windows 7 Build 7057.They seemed to have installed quite well and were also able to make ISO images of files flawlessly.But the problems arose when I tried to install the softwares which I had as ISO files.Some of them appeared to be in the process of being installed but midway when the installer has to copy the temporary files from ISO file to the hard drive ,it gives out messages like-"Please insert the ABCDXXX disc into Drive XYZ to continue the installation".I don't know if the problem pertains only to large ISO files or smaller ones too, but it seems that the reason NERO discontinues Image Drive for its VISTA versions seems pretty much valid in Windows 7 also.
Hopefully some Virtual Drive manufacturer will come up with a solution soon.Till then,all those folks wanting to mount their PC Games ISO images on the VDs and start playing,will have to do something else more constructive(like me blogging in forums about the problem!!!)
It would be deeply appreciated if someone with more technical knowledge would throw some more info on the current problem.Thank you.

linkinboi read above winmount 3.2 works fine with all image files from alcohol mdf to nero nrg and plain old iso aswell as a number of others so its not windows 7 fault its the thirdparty programes makers not keeping up with the times

This is really bad news for those who keep their important softwares as ISO images.Most ISO programs don't work on Windows 7.I got Magic ISO and Power ISO(latest Versions) installed on my Windows 7 Build 7057.

not quite the end of the world just a matter of the virtual drive software to be rewritten to work on Win7 , In the meantime there are two or three that do work such as "virtual clone drive" and I also use power archiver to unpack ISO's if need :)

I have 95gb of ISO's but accept Win 7 is still a beta after all ;)

Hi, I've been using windows 7 for some time now, works fine here. Except I can't install Daemon tools, cuz it's not compatible.
So I decided to check if Alcohol 120% would work, but it can't install aswell cuz it requires a reboot and after that the setup will just start all over again requiring another reboot and so on. (just like daemon tools)

On XP & Vista I didn't have that problem. Anyone knows if i can fix this somehow or another program to run .iso files on a virtual drive would be sufficient too. (only when confirmed working in windows 7)

Thanks in advance:D

Power ISO latest version works like a charm and its causes no hassles on x32 version and im using it. Just run the set up and rest is done, just restart and everything works great. TC

:mad:blitzkikker can you not read try reading the whole post instead of just comming in here and sayin what has already been said and askin what we already have said to use
Idiots these days

:mad:blitzkikker can you not read try reading the whole post instead of just comming in here and sayin what has already been said and askin what we already have said to use
Idiots these days

hahaha u must be missing a chromosome or sumthing? I started this topic, so where did i come in and started posting what has already been said? Why are you trying so hard being an e-hero??? if u wanna diss someone at least use the correct name of the person u wanna diss... sorry to say but you are a failure.

hahaha u must be missing a chromosome or sumthing? I started this topic, so where did i come in and started posting what has already been said? Why are you trying so hard being an e-hero??? if u wanna diss someone at least use the correct name of the person u wanna diss... sorry to say but you are a failure.

Good point :D Got to give you rep for pointing out salient facts ;)

I haven't seen it posted yet, so I'll throw this one in the pool as well.

Gizmo works flawlessly, and is also a free program. Tested on both x86 and x64.

MagicDISK has been working for me.... I have not tried MagicISO though but I guess it's good that I didn't.

I thought MagicDisc was part of MagicISO? It's just that you can download it as a standalone program as well for free, right?

Anyways, yeah MagicDisc version 2.7 (Build 106) works fine on the x32 and x64 versions of Windows 7 (I've used it on all builds from 7000 to 7100 now with no major problems! Yay!)

win 7 ultimate v6.1 build 7127, deamon tools lite 4.30.4.0027 working perfectly,
just playing Dead Space game :)

Back