Windows 10 no Windows 10 system sounds but audio is working

poppi

Hey everyone, new to the forum here

Ive a problem with my Windows 10 system sounds, where usually you get a click sound when opening a folder and so on...for some reason suddenly, I dont get any system sounds but my audio is working fine when i play music on my itunes, windows media player, vlc or any other media player really, even youtube. Its just that my system sounds is missing for some reason..

everything's enabled by the way in the control panel and so on...so im pretty stumped as to why im not getting any system sounds. It was working fine just the other day...

any help would be great appreciated, thanks in advance!

stupid me. after 2 days of trying to solve this, I just found out why upon posting this new thread.

Turns out the volume mixer "system sounds" was muted ...geez

sorry about that

No problem; we all have run into a problem that crossed the "threshold of aggravation" I like to call it-where a person is so fed up with the problem they are willing to spend X-number of dollars to fix it. In crossing that threshold, many of us turn to the tech forums such as WF here which is one of the best out there to find a zero-dollar fix, which is always preferred when possible.:fdance: Remember to give us a try when you hit a problem like this in the future which you cannot resolve by yourself.
We are here 24x7x365 for you! (don't forget to tell your friends!).:up:

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Back