Windows 10 No Windows option after dual-boot

Melezovic

Hello everyone. So couple of days ago I was given college project that needs to be done in Linux OS. I googled it a bit and decided to do dual boot on my Windows 10. I found some youtube tutorial and did everything (?) correctly. However, after restarting my PC, no Windows option is shown. Only three of them: run Linux Mint, run Linux Mint in compatibility mode and some option regarding setup. My files from Windows were not deleted but now I want to delete Linux and get back my Windows. Any help? I'm getting desperate now.

Well if you want to keep Linux, you just need to verify os-prober is enabled in grub and run the command from a terminal in Mint sudo update-grub Windows should be available on the boot menu. If your using a MBR disk that could cause Windows not to show up (too many partitions).

If you want to just go back to Windows. You'll need either a Windows repair disc or Windows Install media. Open a command prompt from that and run bootrec /fixboot

I don't want to continue using Linux. I downloaded the Windows 10 .iso file but I don't now how to make bootable USB drive in Linux

• Insert USB
  • Open gparted
  • Select the usb and format it to ntfs
  • Make sure to set the boot flag on the usb
  • Extract the content of the iso and copy it to the disk

Ok I'm waiting for it to make the USB bootable. Another question - am I going to lose my Windows 10 licence after I install it?

You're not installing anything. You are simple restoring the Windows boot record, so no you won't lose anything.

Back
Top Bottom