Windows 7 Noob question: does Microsoft Update RC1 to reflect retail edition?

Daniel Polwarth

I'm pretty good with Windows, but I've never tried running a Beta version or RC version before, and I have a question. It's probably a dumb question, but I haven't seen a topic address it so I'm just going to go ahead and ask.

Microsoft updates the release candidate regularly, but as it updates, does it alter the OS to reflect the final retail version more? Or does it simply fix bugs in Win7 RC but make no further interface or other changes?

In other words, as we get closer to the retail release, will Win7 RC change transform into that retail version. or will it simply be stuck in time as it was on the day of its initial release with just a bug fix here or there? I'm aware that the RC candidate is just a work in progress, but I'm just curious to know as the OS gets more polished, does Win7 RC1 reflect that polish?

Thanks guys,

Daniel

In other words, as we get closer to the retail release, will Win7 RC change transform into that retail version.

No, this is impossible

After the RTM (release to manufacturers), it will be a completely finished version with a new name, I suppose and you'll have to buy it.

I agree with both the previous posts.. ;)

@ Reghakr

Do you supposed they'll actually change the name? I was thinking about that the other night actually.. On one hand I could see it simply because it's something Microsoft has done frequently in the past.. but on the other hand I could see Windows 7 sticking.. it just kinda rolls off the tongue.. much better than say.. Windows Vista.. ;) hahaha

Well if those box shots were correct, then I guess they might not be renaming it

I actually Like Windows 7, gotta used to that name i guess;)

We could always have whoosh name it:D

Back