Windows 7 Noob Question, How do i create a folder in the StartOrb Section

Ultravires

Hey guys, noobish question here, but i can't seem to figure out how to create a folder in the startmenu area.
When i click on the start menu and go to the "All Programs" section how do i create a folder in that area? I have installed some adobe programs and they are cluttering up the "All Programs" section and i want to create a Adobe folder, so i can drag all the adobe programs into that folder. I believe i was able to do this in build 7201, but i can't seem to do it in build 7264.

You might do better w/ officially offered Builds, but what do I know. i.e. 7000 & 7100

Try typing Customise Start Menu in Search, above Start button

Drew

People may like other builds as its the only build they can use. Like i can use 7229 without my computer not able to shut down correctly.

actually i think it is better that we test these latest builds to see how well they perform in real time scenario's and in larger groups instead of just smaller focused groups. I have already noticed this build seems to have some bug's for me and some slight lag delay's.

For some reason, when i right click on a .exe file and go to properties and go to compatability mode, i am no longer able to choose an option say to run it in winxp 3 mode, etc all options are blurred out, before i was able to do this in the last build i used and i have administrative rights.

I'm assuming that you are attempting to add a folder to the start menu (??)

>Left Click on the Start Orb >Right Click on "All Programs" >Right click on "Open All Users"

That will allow you to add or change the items in the start menu.

Good Luck

I'm assuming that you are attempting to add a folder to the start menu (??)

>Left Click on the Start Orb >Right Click on "All Programs" >Right click on "Open All Users"

That will allow you to add or change the items in the start menu.

Good Luck

yah that was it, damn i feel so noobish, thx for the response.

For some reason, when i right click on a .exe file and go to properties and go to compatability mode, i am no longer able to choose an option say to run it in winxp 3 mode, etc all options are blurred out, before i was able to do this in the last build i used and i have administrative rights.

Are you trying it on a .exe that came with Windows? It's not supposed to work on those.

Are you trying it on a .exe that came with Windows? It's not supposed to work on those.

no, i am clicking on a .exe that i downloaded and isn't related to windows. I have checked a few other non related programs and i am unable to change any of there compatibility modes, everything is blurred out. I know the last build i used which was 7201, i was able to select windows xp sp3 mode for some of these apps.

actually i think it is better that we test these latest builds to see how well they perform in real time scenario's and in larger groups instead of just smaller focused groups. I have already noticed this build seems to have some bug's for me and some slight lag delay's.

I can see your point but you have to remember, these 'latest builds' are nothing more than daily/interim builds (in other words they aren't a 'complete build' like the BETA/RC/RTM are).. Meaning testing them in real world scenarios isn't benefiting anything.. ;) They aren't designed to be tested by the general public and as a result many run into bugs that aren't in the official released builds such as the BETA and RC.. And this usually results in nothing but negative feedback for Windows 7 which isn't really warranted feedback.. ;) But since people are so easily steered one way or another many believe this negative feedback and will either boycott the final product or simply pass on the false information..

These 'latest builds' are nothing more than daily/interim builds (in other words they aren't a 'complete build' like the BETA/RC/RTM are).. Meaning testing them in real world scenarios isn't benefiting anything.. ;) They aren't designed to be tested by the general public and as a result many run into bugs that aren't in the official released builds such as the BETA and RC.. And this usually results in nothing but negative feedback for Windows 7 which isn't really warranted feedback.. ;) But since people are so easily steered one way or another many believe this negative feedback and will either boycott the final product or simply pass on the false information..

Well put mate.
You might catch me talking about problems or benefits with the newer builds, but Im still running 7100 as my main OS. No way would I trust any other with daily use and with all my personal data.

Back