Windows 7 Noob with a question! Chipset driver related.

Hi people....
I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to help me with a question I have.
(Please bare in mind I know next to nothing about windows OR drivers!)
Now, I have an Elonex Artsan lx HTPC and have recently upgraded from XP to W7. I had to do a clean install as the upgrade required this from XP. Even though every thing SEEMS to be working o.k., I am unsure as to whether I have the correct drivers installed, especially the chipset drivers. I have Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade installed, and the only drivers I had to look for after install was the Realtek Audio and Hauppage TV Cards, everything else seemed to be already in windows.
Now here is my question, didWindows install the best available drivers for my computer, or just the bare minimum?? I have tried to see if there are any chipset drivers I can install, but it has been so confusing with all the web articles, and not one gives a good answer.
The chipset in my PC is an Intel 915G, and I have looked on the intel website, downloaded the utility etc and am still none the wiser.
I hope someone may be kind enough to:-
1. Actually understand what I'm saying (he-he!)
and 2. Help me!
p.s. when I looked on the intel website, it said that the 915g had a chipset driver for windows 7 32 bit, but not windows 7 32 bit home premium. Is it because they are already included in W7HP?
Thanks for any help in advance,
Kind regards,
AKH

and not one gives a good answer
Actually, you already gave the best answer when you said,
every thing SEEMS to be working o.k.,
If they were not, you would know it.

Understand there are generally two versions of Windows 7 drivers, 32-bit and 64-bit. There would not be separate drivers for Windows Home Basic, Premium, Pro, and Ultra, etc. Chipset drivers deal with the fundamental operating system functions of establishing communications between the hardware devices, and not the added and extra software features of the various versions of Windows.

Windows 7 has a huge database of drivers built in, and via Windows Update it can access - it is obvious to me, it has installed the necessary drivers for your system.

There are generally only 3 reasons to upgrade drivers (this includes flashing the BIOS), even IF there are new drivers available (which does not seem to be the case here):
1. The new driver addresses a problem you are having,
2. The new driver addresses a critical security issue,
3. The current driver is corrupt.​
In your case, there does not appear to be new drivers, and more importantly, you are not experiencing problems - so leave it alone!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Digerati gave the best answer you will get in his first sentence.
Microsoft, in the install gives you the best drivers it had at the time of compiling the DVD.
Automatic updates, from Microsoft, gaive you the best drivers that Microsoft have on their Dbase. As you may be aware, microsfot do not write these drivers themselves. The Dbase is made up from the latest they have received from the software and hardware people. Sometines there is a time lag here on the communication between Micrisft and those suppliers. If you have doubts, then your best option is to enter the device manage and right click each item and select update driver software. In the next option choose the internet (the first option). You will rarely find anything better.

See my first line! Merit point to Digerati. Good to the point, answer.

Back