norton 360

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by etrex, Jan 12, 2009.

1. etrex

etrex New Member

I installed windows 7 and both my nic adaptors (attansic L1, and realtek 8169). The computer was working wizbang. I then installed norton 360 and started seeing the BSOD w/tdx.sys error message. I tried couple different dated drivers with both adaptors and still received the tdx.sys error. I uninstalled norton 360 and walla, the system is solid again.

Just a heads up.

bob

2. iroken22

iroken22 Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

indeed y dont you try using avg free antivirus in the mean time as it works perfectly on my machine.

3. X64

X64 New Member

eset Smart Security works fine for me. I tried the recommended beta of Norton 360 and It constantly gave me the BSOD.

4. boypeter99

boypeter99 New Member

I got the same blue screen with n360 so I restored my vista, removed n360, installed AVG and reinstalled W7. That blew away half my day - but at least it works without blue screens ---- so far!

5. ae69ae

ae69ae New Member

You know... now that I think about it, I got the BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) after i installed norton 360 also... i am defenetly installing (code name) Morro "live onecare part 2 lol"

6. boypeter99

boypeter99 New Member

Now that I think about it - it's amazing how the big sellers (Norton etc) don't bother developing new product - how long has W7 been available for testing by developers? I remember I used to use ZoneAlarm until Vista - even 3 months after the release of the RETAIL Vista it still crashed.

#6 boypeter99, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

LOL.
    AVG is a POS.
    They should rename it that.
    If you need a free antivirus, use Avast. It's a much better option.

8. iroken22

iroken22 Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

AVG is a great antivirus program. I would recommend it over avast in a heartbeat. It is easy to understand and is user friendly. Not in the 5 years i have used it have i ever gotten a virus or any other infection on any of my pcs. I regularly once a week run the in depth online panda scan to double check the computer. I have heard people who have used avast in the past and have had viruses get past the security.

9. bboy500

bboy500 New Member

my norton 2009 Gamers edition works perfect. try that

#9 bboy500, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  10. ComputerGeek

ComputerGeek Senior Member

I'm using Norton 360 beta and haven't had any problems

11. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I don't use antivirus software, and I haven't had a virus in about 7 years.
    (if you're wondering how I know, my friend checks it with NOD32 and Kaspersky every once in a while, believing he'll actually find something so he can gloat.)

It's not about what you use, it's about your knowledge of a computer.
    If you're talking about the best, then NOD32 kicks both their asses, but that's neither here nor there.

As for AVG, if you go on a dozen people's PCs with AVG, and run NOD32 or any other GOOD antiviral software, you will not only find stray viruses, but you'll find that AVG's .exe is infected with a virus, and that virus has spread through the computer as well. There are over a dozen viruses that attack AVG specifically, and the protection against its own infection is pitiful.

I've worked in computer repair shops and have seen it first hand. AVG is a POS.