Windows 10 November Update, 1511, 10586

prsnrs

I presently have Windows10 Pro 64 bit, build 10240. I've not been able to download and/or install the November update, 1511. I've not had issues with any other Windows10 updates. Suggestions?

Thanks.

prsnrs

You don't mention how long you have had Windows 10, but if you just installed it prior to the new release, there may be a waiting period at least until you get past the 31 day rollback period.

@Saltgrass: Yup. I ran into that on my Sony Vaio, which was upgraded from Vista-->Win7-->W10 Home (RTM Build 10240); all licensed and Activated. I tried for 3 days to get the update (10586) in with lots of methods from various other forums including MS Community forum and Windows Insider Forum; no go!! An interesting side-note; on my W10 test machine (Dell Dimension E520, build date 2/2/2007), I did a clean install last month in November from the RTM Build 10240, 64bit ISO file (on DVD) on one of my test drives from a TP earlier build (10064 or something), and it went right in to B10586 during the install period of pulling down updates!o_O Of course, this setup is not actually Activated, but from my surmisal, it doesn't seem to make a difference. If you're on an Activated or a Licensed W10 setup, and you installed within the 31 day rollback period, it's just not possible to FORCE it to the TH2 build. Crazy, huh? Thought I'd mention it. Very good observation there. ;)

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

it doesn't seem to make a difference. If you're on an Activated or a Licensed W10 setup, and you installed within the 31 day rollback period, it's just not possible to FORCE it to the TH2 build.
wow... thanks for the heads up bear.

Sure thing, Norway!!:D Side note of interest, yesterday I was fooling around trying to update a new to me Acer AspireOne netbook that originally had XP on it and I since upgraded to W10 RTM B10240 from my July 29th media. W10 has been working great on it, but it did not want to take the TH2 update. I tried several times, and then W10 update finally coughed up an error:ohno:; it's one of the new TrendMicro security programs I use; RUBotted; a real-time rootkit virus protector. I had problems with this program of theirs last year during the early TP builds such as 10049 and even in 2015. Once RTM came out, in July, they seemed to catch up, and RUBotted and their other programs magically started working! :up:

Anyway, after uninstalling the RUBotted from my Mini, Windows update stalled several more times, I just kept rebooting it and closing out everything else until it worked.:wink: Which was rewarding to say the least,:polite: since I installed it only last week or so (within the 31 days; but after Nov. 17th), so maybe the clock is not ticking or something. Also, it's interesting to note when I now run Winver on the Acer mini, it gives me v1511, B10586.17. My other machine (the Test machine I talked about in my post above), does not show the ".17" appended to it. I wonder if they added the ".17" to the Build number to identify it as the Nov. 17th release??? o_O

Thought that might be useful info.

Talk to you soon...:cool:
<<<BBJ>>>

Hi,

I also have an Acer AspireOne, upgraded from XP to W7 to W10. Nothing special installed on it, just Windows 10 -not the TP version-, Office, Chrome, VLC mediaplayer, Google Earth. Great to see how well it performs.
And it also did not like the November upgrade. I simply went back. Now it does not show that upgrade again, maybe I have to wait the 31 days period.

Henk

Hi again, Henk,

How are you? That's cool. It's a very nice little netbook,:ohyea: a little slow compared to my full size 17" Sony Vaio, which has a much faster Intel Core2Duo processor, though only 2GB of RAM (the Vaio has 4GB maxxed out). I've already used it at a couple of my top Customer sites, and it's very handy, especially plugging into a router to troubleshoot network-internet connectivity. And I bought a new battery for it, to use in wiring closets and such. The one that my Customer had in there (factory original) wasn't holding a charge for very long, as it's about 6 yrs. old.

I now have 3 of 4 of my personal home computers running the new build (v1511, b10586.xx). The Sony Vaio is the last one, and it's in that 31 day countdown period still; forcing it does no good as I mentioned. That's ok, as I'm playing around with the newest build as in my previous post to you about your friend's corrupted upgrade when he left his external usb drive plugged in prior.

The funny thing is, that the Vaio laptop is the only one running a legit licensed upgrade version of W10 (that was from a licensed Vista-->Win7 retail box upgrade I owned). The other 3 machines (1 Vista laptop w/Clean install, and a Vista era Desktop (Dell E520 c.2007), and the AspireOne w/Clean Install) are not yet licensed.o_O I'm planning on buying 1 W10 license a month next year and turn them into legit machines; experimenting with them in the meantime on Microsoft's free trial period. My other local computer Tech friend who is also a W10 Insider Tester like me, had a similar experience with her licensed W10 machine. She didn't get the TH2 Nov. update for several days after the release (Nov.17th here), on her licensed laptop, but on another non-licensed laptop, she got it almost right away.

Got an early day, but keep in touch and let me know how the new upgrades are working out for you.

Best,
Marc <<<BBJ>>>

Its rolled on with the tuesday updates:

Update.PNG

Hi Dave,
Thanks for posting this. Exactly what I got on my Sony laptop last evening when I got home from running errands all afternoon. Looks like the 31 days are finally up since my W10 b10240 original install. Now, all 4 of my PCs are finally on the newest Build. Hooray!!
:D

<<<BBJ>>>

Back