Windows 7 OEM Win7 Pro - bad media how to install ?

JacoFrettless

Hello all,

I bought a Windows 7 Pro 32bit OEM from Newegg soon as it came out. Recently my motherboard died so I decided to build another computer and dump the old one.

Problem I have is the original dvd is bad, the disk will not load. I get the windows 7 spwizeng.dll is not a valid window image. The DVD spins funny in the drive making an odd sound. I tried 3 difference machines, it’s a bad disk.

Is there any way around this? Would Microsoft provider a replacement DVD or ISO download for a legit OEM purchase? I have a valid key. I just need media or an ISO to install.

Thanks I have been a lurker here for quite some time.

Hello all,

I bought a Windows 7 Pro 32bit OEM from Newegg soon as it came out. Recently my motherboard died so I decided to build another computer and dump the old one.

Problem I have is the original dvd is bad, the disk will not load. I get the windows 7 spwizeng.dll is not a valid window image. The DVD spins funny in the drive making an odd sound. I tried 3 difference machines, it’s a bad disk.

Is there any way around this? Would Microsoft provider a replacement DVD or ISO download for a legit OEM purchase? I have a valid key. I just need media or an ISO to install.

Thanks I have been a lurker here for quite some time.
\

What version of win 7 are you running? If ultimate (and you have an ultimate key you can get enterprise trial and I believe it will work, or (and this is what i would do) call MS and tell them the problem.

Ken J

Well if you have burning software that will do it try copying the disk a 1X I've saved a few damages audio CD's that way. The slow copy gives error correction more time to work.
Joe

Back