Windows 7 office '03 web browser

wt.pm

I finally started using my '03 outlook program, and tried to click a web link, nothing happened. Decided that there was no default browser set up. So I tried to change browser to Firefox. It gave me a window to find an executable, however when I navigated to the FF folder in program files, there was no executable listed, however when I went to the IE folder there it was. Seems to me they are trying to force me to use IE. But, in XP FF worked just fine. What is the difference, and how do I work around this?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way more than average user, long way from expert, but one day.....

Last edited:
Open IE and go to the options. Select Programs and check box for IE to be default browser. This problem can occur if you use Chrome or and browser and select it as you default browser.

Open IE and go to the options. Select Programs and check box for IE to be default browser. This problem can occur if you use Chrome or and browser and select it as you default browser.

The whole thing is I DON'T want IE. However, I did set IE as default, opened the link, closed IE, opened FF options, reset it as default, and now everything works. Thanks for the idea, I am kicking myself because I should have thought of that, but I am a bit foggy this morning.

Back