Windows 7 Office 2003 File Icons

borogff

Is there a way to change MS Word file icons in Windows 7 x86. Since i know it has been possible on XP under view file options menu, and the same option is not available in 7?

Is there a way to change MS Word file icons in Windows 7 x86. Since i know it has been possible on XP under view file options menu, and the same option is not available in 7?

Hello and Welcome !

Use this article Link Removed - Invalid URL and change the File for doc and docx

Hope this helps !

Hello and Welcome !

Use this article Link Removed - Invalid URL and change the File for doc and docx

Hope this helps !
Well thanks for the quick reply however it didn't work for me since my registry is missing UserChoice string in both offered locations.

My preferred weapon of choice is to edit the actual icon source file.

But a really good little utility for changing a file extension icon is FileTypeMan from NirSoft, which gives an instant result. Works great on my 64bit Win7 system. Just remember when you've selected your new icon not to move it from that location. Best to set yourself up an "icons" folder somewhere.

My preferred weapon of choice is to edit the actual icon source file.

But a really good little utility for changing a file extension icon is FileTypeMan from NirSoft, which gives an instant result. Works great on my 64bit Win7 system. Just remember when you've selected your new icon not to move it from that location. Best to set yourself up an "icons" folder somewhere.
Hey thanks wery mutch, now i can play with my filetype icons without having to mess around in regedit :D

Back