Windows 7 Office Activation After XP to 7

bunglito

Before I go for the upgrade I would like to have something confirmed. I purchased office 2007 and the CD key only allows for two activations and I have used both. Moving from XP to windows 7 would require a clean install and a reinstall of ms office. Since I have already activated my license key twice, will I be able to reinstall and activate my existing copy of ms office 2007?

How many total installs will you have when you are done, and how long has it been since you activated the previous installs?

I would say just try it. If it won't activate, call Microsoft and explain to them.

I have activated two installs already and after moving from xp to 7 would be my third. I didn't want to just try it because I have not purchased windows 7 yet and would prefer not to if my copy of office would not be activated. Also, I tried calling Microsoft once before and was hung up on by the automated system 3 or 4 times so, I'm not all that excited about the prospect. I purchased a netbook with xp installed about a month or two ago and that is when I installed and activated office for the second time.

I plan on doing the same thing, upgrading to Windows 7 and then reinstalling Office 2007. According to information I found on another site, when you do a reinstall of Office, you call Microsoft Office Activation line at 1-888-652-2342. I can't say for sure if this is a good number or not as I don't yet have my Windows 7 disks so haven't done the upgrade yet. Apparently you can't activate online after having previously used your licenses, but Microsoft will do it for you over the phone. Here is a link to a page from Microsoft that gives more information on doing a phone activation:

How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center

Hope this helps.

I have activated two installs already and after moving from xp to 7 would be my third. I didn't want to just try it because I have not purchased windows 7 yet and would prefer not to if my copy of office would not be activated. Also, I tried calling Microsoft once before and was hung up on by the automated system 3 or 4 times so, I'm not all that excited about the prospect. I purchased a netbook with xp installed about a month or two ago and that is when I installed and activated office for the second time.

Back