Windows 7 Ok I give

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
What the heck is Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 Test mode? At least thats what is at the top of my screen on both sides?

I think Microsoft wants your expert opinion: Link Removed - Invalid URL Strange they didn't say anything.... Take it for a spin. Do you have Vista Ultimate already?

Sure do bought and paid for and activated too. Stinkers. That is a little low even for Microsoft to do. I hope it does not mess my installation up?

Can you contact Microsoft?? That would worry me. They must have a complaints department somewhere....

I was just thinking about that. I will see what I can do. It is odd that this has happened. Maybe if I wait for service pack 2 it will go away, maybe?

I'd un-install it and then install the default version unless your happy with the way things are?

Whoops, I do not have some of the files that article talks about. So I better wait and see before I mess things up even more.

For those who might be interested , this problem starts and finishes with a orrupted registery. In that the only way to get back to normal was reformatting and reinstalling. And here I thought Microsoft hd a bettr idea? Guess I was wrong.

My registry cleaner keeps system restore points, I can go back to almost any time I want to. Wouldn't that fix it?

Back