Windows 7 Open Task Manager In 2 Clicks

To get them all in one thread, you can also create a desktop shortcut and then pin it to taskbar or start menu:

Shortcut -> New -> Item location -> %windir%\system32\taskmgr.exe

Attachments

• taskmgr.zip
    552 bytes · Views: 408
Another solution, if you do not wanrt to press multiple keys, is to right clcik the executive (System32\taskmgr.exe) You will then have the option to pin it to the taskbar or crete a shortcut (to the desktop, for example?) You then only need a single click. You could even assign a single key, say F12, to open it.

Another solution, if you do not wanrt to press multiple keys, is to right clcik the executive (System32\taskmgr.exe) You will then have the option to pin it to the taskbar or crete a shortcut (to the desktop, for example?) You then only need a single click. You could even assign a single key, say F12, to open it.

With the help of Autohotkey, you can assign any click or key or their combinations to open task manager, for example middle click:

MButton::Run, %windir%\system32\taskmgr.exe

or right Win key:

RWin::^+Esc

and so on. So, plenty of options. :)

In place of task manager I use Process Explorer from MS Systinternals.

It is a standalone app that you unzip and place the unzip folder in a safe place like C:\
you then create a desktop shortcut and load the shortcut in your Startup folder.
It will the start in your notification area when Windows starts.

There is an option to replace the taskmanager with Process Explorer in the options menu in
Process Explorer.

There is also an option to hide when minimized that will force it to the notification area as an icon that shows CPU activity on mouse over.
To take advantage of this the shortcuts run property should be set to run minimized.

Also when you run the program for the first time uncheck the "always ask before opening this file checkbox" so that you won't be prompted to allow the program to run every time you start your computer.

What you will end up with is a little icon in the notification area (system tray) that dynamically displays
CPU activity.

When you click it it opens to show all kinds of
hardware related info as well as the info normally associated with task manager like running processes
that you can kill just like in task manager plus info about the processes like CPU usage and even a right click option to search online for further info about the process(s).

All with one click of a system tray icon.

link ------->>> Process Explorer

Last edited:
RAK said:
Another solution, if you do not wanrt to press multiple keys, is to right clcik the executive (System32\taskmgr.exe) You will then have the option to pin it to the taskbar or crete a shortcut (to the desktop, for example?) You then only need a single click.

Certainly an option, but not for me as I don't like to travel along my system folders. : )

~~~~~~~~

shortcut > %windir%\system32\taskmgr.exe

Back