Windows 7 Opening new window

everogere

This is gonna sound real dumb but ........
How do I get a window to open full page size when I open a new window??
Sorry for such a stupid question but its driving me nuts have to keep enlarging the window.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum, everogere.

1. Open a window
2. Adjust its size or Maximize it, whichever you need
3. Close the Window correctly, File > Exit
4. Next time you open this window it'll be the right size

I'm not sure if there's a registry workaround to set common default size for ANY window.

Thanks cybercore.
I have done that but still only open one window full size.
When I clicked on the link in the email, it opened half size, I maximised, closed properly and reopened, still only half size !!
Dont know what else to do.

You need to find its shortcut or whatever you use to open it and look for a properties option. You can set it to run maximized there. In the task bar, right click the icon, then right click the program, then properties.

Welcome to the forum, everogere.

1. Open a window
2. Adjust its size or Maximize it, whichever you need
3. Close the Window correctly, File > Exit
4. Next time you open this window it'll be the right size

I'm not sure if there's a registry workaround to set common default size for ANY window.

Hey,

Quit stealing my answers:D

Nay, whatever helps the OP

I have found internet explorer and properties and set the window size to max.
If I open lets say yahoo.com it opens full size. If I then right click a link on yahoo's page and request open in a new window its a small window. Its really annoying me now !!
im sorry to be a nuisence.

Hey,

Quit stealing my answers:D

I waited almost an hour for someone to reply :eek: This just works very well for me.

@ everogere, simply use the Win key + Up arrow to maximize problem windows.

~~~~~

You know, the e-mail window size quite can be somewhere in the system's registry, depending on the e-mail program, but frankly I don't know where it is and do not recommend you travel there. Try to make use of all suggested above, including the shortcut option. :)

Back