Windows 7 Operation Requires Elevation

dsmithnc

Anytime I attempt to open an Open Office or MSword document (in open office) from windows explorer, I get a error message that says "requested operation requires elevation."

I don't seem to be able to locate any info about this message.

Dick

Anytime I attempt to open an Open Office or MSword document (in open office) from windows explorer, I get a error message that says "requested operation requires elevation."

I don't seem to be able to locate any info about this message.

Dick
If you are trying whatever you are doing from an account other than Administrator , you might get that strange error.

That is why the cryptic message to "Elevate the Status" instead of the esaily understandable language Login as Adminuistrator to do this or disable your User Account Control through control panel >User Accounts!! Unknown are the ways of Windfows !!!!

You may login as Administrator and perform that "operation" or disable your User Account Control [UAC] by Start ->Control Panel -> User Accounts and Uncheck/untick the check box of User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and click OK ad reboot.

I am trying to load Microsoft Word 2003 on my laptop with Windows 7, and I receive the elevation error when trying to activate the key. As far as I can tell I am logged in as Administrator, but I'm still unable to get past this. I also tried running it as the Administrator with the same outcome. I also don't see where to check/uncheck the UAC under the User Account section.

I had the same type of problem as tnwegner and while I am sure he has already figured it out I figured I would post the solution so that others won't have this problem. After going to change user account control settings move the bar down to the lowest setting and click OK, then you must restart your computer for it to take effect. What I found most annoying about this is that while the other three settings take effect right away without a restart, the last one requires a restart before it is in effect and it did not indicate this anywhere that I could see.

Back