Windows 10 Other type of mouse connection

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I dislike the touchpad so use an old hp wireless thing to use my mouse on my Dell DSC02699.webp. I am always hitting it or running into it. Is there something else I can buy that will not stick out so far -- thanks.

If you want to keep using that one then no you'd need that dongle or an extension cable but something is always going to stick out. If you get a different one they do sell them with much smaller dongles or you can just go bluetooth which doesn't require any dongle.

I don't mind if they stick out - this one just too much sticking out. I am not sure what to look for. Could you point me in the right direction as to another type of dongle. Don't know about Bluetooth on this system. Thanks for that info.

Every laptop has bluetooth. If you want a smaller dongle you'll have to buy a new mouse/keyboard you can't just swap the dongles.

I did find it in settings but it comes up with messages I can't decipher. When I say add device it says make sure device is turned on - press connect if PIN matches this number...number from what? I am thinking that if I do figure it out it - bluetooth stuff will not apply to my HP dongle will it? Thanks again.

Bluetooth doesn't use any dongle and can't. Whatever device you connect to the computer will have a pairing process or button, usually you just press the pairing button and the computer should see it and then just select the device on the computer and click connect.

So here is my scenario - I want to use the hp dongle wirelessly using bluetooth. Is that possible?

so bluetooth is only for the touchpad? sorry to be so dense but ain't neva used BT...

No, bluetooth is just a type of wireless transmission. A peripheral device has to support it

You can get almost any device type with bluetooth. Keyboards, mice, speakers, headsets etc

Solution
So anyway - do appreciate the help. Found one on Amazon that gets good reviews -- fair price.

Back