Windows 7 Outgoing Requests Blocked on Various Programs

amuench

Hey all. Here's my problems
In Zune Software, I can't login to the marketplace/social
In Twhirl (a twitter client) I can't login to receive my feeds
In Picasa (A Photo Managing Software) I can't login to upload photos to a web album
When I try to sync the time server, it can't connect
When I plug in new hardware, Window's can't connect to find drivers
And Lastly, when using Windows Update, I get an infamous '80072EE2' error

So, in short, SOME of my programs keep having their outgoing requests or connections blocked. My internet works fine. When I play games it connects just fine. When I use and IM client it works fine. But for these programs...not so much.

And the worst thing about it is that it's effecting more programs. Picasa and Twhirl we're working last week shortly after I installed Windows 7

Anyways, I've tried a bunch of stuff already:
Disabling Windows Firewall, Enabling it with the specific programs allowed through, disabling anitvirus in addtion to firewall, switich the firewall programs, telling IE to auto-detect my proxy (I have none), going thru cmd prompt and resetting the proxy (still don't have one), system restoring to when I first installed the beta (when Twhirl and Picasa worked) only to have them stop working

Oh, and I connect to my network wirelessly through a Linksys USB-G receiver, which gets the signal from a Netgear router, which is hooked up to a cable modem

So, to say the least, I'm stumped. And if ANYONE could help me out here, it would be AMAZING. So, thanks in advance for any and all suggestions, help, tips, etc.

_AMuench

I am also having the same problem! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have tried to uncheck the auto discover proxy, turned off firewall, reset all settings to default, changed drivers on video and netowrk cards and finally re-installed the entire OS a second time. I am having no luck figuring this problem out...:confused:

Specs:
Dell Dimension 9150
nvidia geforce 7950gx2
Intel Pro/1000 PL

You sure you haven't been infected with malware? Try running a Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware scan from Windows SAFE MODE.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

You can also run the Network Diagnostics Wizard. IE > Tools > Diagnose Connection Problems.

You can try a different type of connection and see if that makes a difference. If you are using Wireless, then try Ethernet. Try from a different location.

Back
Top Bottom