Outlook 2013 does not send emails

zabberwan

Extraordinary Member
Hi,

Suddenly, since a a few days, Outlook 2013 does not send emails anymore. It does not give any error message as it is unable to finish the task, it just churns and churns infinitely until I end the task in Task Manager.

With the receiving part it has no problems. On verifying the account settings, these seem all in order and each account even sends and receives the "Microsoft Outlook Test Message".

I also checked the net, but found no solutions. Some random posts suggested "encryption problems", but that was not so in my case. I do have encryption certificates for secure mail, but do send encrypted emails. I also changed the settings from secured to unsecured mail, but the problem remains the same.

The problem probably occurred soon after the Regular Update and so I also "system restored" just in case one of those caused the problem, but it didn't make any difference. Otherwise Outlook was functioning flawlessly.

Outgoing secure mail ports are 995/587 on my regular ISP and 993/465 om my private server. None of them work, therefore it must be the Outlook malfunctioning.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Try this; open up control panel and navigate to the programs uninstall area. From there select your office suite then click change, then select repair. This will take some time so be patient and let it do it things. A reboot may be needed if not, reboot anyway. Once that is done then check to see if you can send emails.

Hi,

Suddenly, since a a few days, Outlook 2013 does not send emails anymore. It does not give any error message as it is unable to finish the task, it just churns and churns infinitely until I end the task in Task Manager.

With the receiving part it has no problems. On verifying the account settings, these seem all in order and each account even sends and receives the "Microsoft Outlook Test Message".

I also checked the net, but found no solutions. Some random posts suggested "encryption problems", but that was not so in my case. I do have encryption certificates for secure mail, but do send encrypted emails. I also changed the settings from secured to unsecured mail, but the problem remains the same.

The problem probably occurred soon after the Regular Update and so I also "system restored" just in case one of those caused the problem, but it didn't make any difference. Otherwise Outlook was functioning flawlessly.

Outgoing secure mail ports are 995/587 on my regular ISP and 993/465 om my private server. None of them work, therefore it must be the Outlook malfunctioning.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Just curious...... who is your ISP ?

@ bassfisher6522
I made a new identity and tried that and it works. Thus I infer that the main .pst file has gone south. So it should not be a problem shifting all the accounts to the new identity and work from there.

However, the main problem now is, "How to fix the the darned corrupt file" as it contains all my important emails in the past few years along with attachments etc. I tried fixing it with the MS Office in-built scanpst.exe method, but it wasn't quite successful. Will need to look for something more appropriate though this helped me quite adequately in the past in MS Office 2010.
Here's how to repair errors by using scanpst.exe
  • Exit Outlook if it is running.
  • Double-click scanpst.exe located in: ..\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE15.(or whatever your Office version)
  • Enter the name of the .pst or .ost file that you want to check and fix, or click Browse to search for the file. (repeat the process till it shows no more errors/inconsistencies to repair)
@davidhk129
My main or local ISP is the German "Deutsche Telekom" and I have other accounts on several domains on a private server located at arvixe.com. None of them were working as they all have a common Outlook .pst file.

Would be glad if you have some suggestions to repair the corrupt file.

Regards,

Back