Windows 7 Outlook Addresses are not alphabetized.

atbarr

I just purchased a new laptop. I’m using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7. When I click on ‘contacts’ (lower left side of Outlook), they are alphabetized, and are listed with First Name- last name. This is what I want to see. The ‘Current View’ checked is ‘Outlook Data Files’

But when I open a new email and click on ‘To’, the addresses are just plain screwed up. Not only are my addresses not alphabetized, they are listed ‘Last name- First’.

I went to ‘Option’, ‘Mail Setup’, ‘E-mail Accounts’, ‘Address Books’, ‘Outlook Address Book’, and then under 'Show names by' I have selected 'First Last (John Smith)’.

What can I do?

My old laptop used Outlook 2007 and Vista. The addresses are alphabetized and are 'First Last (John Smith)’.

I have a small home business, and this problem is killing me.

Many thanks for any help,

A.T.

Thanks Capt. Jack. That only works with 2002 and 2003. I have 2007.

Thanks again,

A.T.

Tools | Account Settings | Address Books. Select the Outlook Address Book, click Change, and change the sort to File As.

The separate setting in Tools | Options | Contact Option controls how the File As field default value is constructed.

Tools | Account Settings | Address Books. Select the Outlook Address Book, click Change, and change the sort to File As.

The separate setting in Tools | Options | Contact Option controls how the File As field default value is constructed.

When I click on Outlook Address Book, There is only one option available, and I have selected is Show names by.

Which I have selected First Last (John Smith)

I have also gone to your second suggestion. That also is set up with First Last.

I appreciate you trying to help me.

A.T.

>In these cases, you must change the format for each contact.
Now this really sucks!

I can't understand why the contacts in my iPhone are listed as First Last.

I do appreciate you trying.

A.T.

Back
Top Bottom